The “Continuing to be Me” (C2bMe) program is an exciting new program of Parramatta Mission, providing a comprehensive in reach person centred model of care designed to enable residents living within aged care facilities with mental illness to access mental health services like those available in the community.
- Psychologist / Social Worker / Occupational Therapist / Registered Nurse
- 3 positions- Wollongong, Shoalhaven, Batemans Bay - FT or PT
- Service via Telehealth during Covid 19
The C2bMe Senior Clinician role involves independent provision of comprehensive, evidence-based clinical care coordination, psychological and psychosocial interventions consistent with the model of care. The Senior Clinician will be responsible for individual and group-based therapy. They will support consumers in their psychosocial recovery aiming to optimise functioning of RACF residents to continue living with dignity.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Registered Nursing, or Occupational Therapy including current registration or eligibility to register with respective professional body.
- Minimum 3 -5 years demonstrated and extensive assessment (excluding clinical placements) within the mental health field. Ideally with experience working with consumers experiencing mental health concerns
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and is required to exercise independent judgement on routine matters
- Demonstrated ability to independently apply professional knowledge and judgement when
performing novel, complex, or critical tasks specific to the discipline
- Demonstrated experience and a good understanding of working with older persons, and in supporting older people’s mental wellbeing
- Demonstrated skills in decision making, problem solving, negotiation and crisis- management.
- Experience delivering contemporary, evidence-based practices and therapeutic interventions for older persons
- An understanding of recovery model principles and ability to implement these in clinical practice
- Ability to effectively engage consumers and their families, as well as other stakeholders, including the ability to be creative and flexible
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving and negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and negotiate within a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and deliver individualised psychological interventions to meet the needs of consumers based on a case formulation approach
- Ability to use relevant information technology, electronic recording systems and data management tools
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act (2007)
- Mandatory Influenza vaccine compliance
- Current NSW Driver’s License
To Apply, click the the REd Link below & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check.
Parramatta Mission encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To Apply click on the Link below:
Allied Health Clinician, Psychological Intervention Aged Care - Wollongong
Allied Health Clinician, Psychological Intervention Aged Care - Shoalhaven
Allied Health Clinician, Psychological Intervention Aged Care - Bateman's Bay
Enquiries only to firstname.lastname@example.org or 8188 7426. To Apply Click on the above red Link mentioning PsychXchange in your letter. Ref 740-43