Are you a committed child mental clinician?
Do you want to support those families who can't afford to access paid services?
Come and be part of our Child Trauma Treatment Team
Competitive salary and benefits
Exciting opportunity to work for one of Canberra's largest community sector organisations. The Child trauma treatment team provides a multi-disciplinary approach to treating child trauma. The child team offers assessment and treatment of children who have experienced trauma using an evidence based approach with the psychological therapy treatment component utilising trauma focused CBT and EMDR.
CatholicCare are looking for enthusiastic clinicians to work with children in their child trauma treatment program. We are looking for clinicians who have expertise working with children under 12 and their families. Applicants looking for full time or part time positions will be considered.
The key responsibilities for the child trauma clinician will be to provide therapeutic interventions to children with mental health issues and their families. Clinicians will be required to work from a trauma focused CBT approach and use EMDR where indicated, utilising flexible modes of delivery to engage children.
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people's lives and be a part of this new and exciting program, we want to hear from you!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a new and innovative program. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, and professional development in a family friendly environment. A large group of highly skilled clinicians provide a great team environment, supporting learning and excellence.
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration.
- Relevant accreditation including one of the following; 1) General Registration with APHRA as a psychologist, both generally registered psychologists and clinical psychologists; 2) accreditation as a mental health social worker with AASW, 3) a credentialed mental health nurse with ACMHN; 4) a Better Access to Mental Health endorsed Occupational Therapist.
- Experience working in the mental health sector with children.
- Ability to respond appropriately to crisis situations and to manage risk.
- Commitment to delivering evidence based practice.
- Willingness to reflect on, review and challenge current practice and an openness to training and development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and good time management skills
- Have an understanding of EEO, Work Safety and confidentiality
- Experience providing psychological interventions to children that have experienced trauma
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Include covering Letter (no more then one page)
- Address each Selection Criteria above (no more then 2 pages)
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- a current drivers licence, and
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card
Please send your applications to: email@example.com
For more information or to apply please visit:
Closing Date: 5pm 30 July 2020
CatholicCare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are strongly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.