Full time Clinical Psychologist Registrar Position - Perth Psychological Services (North Perth and Falcon offices)
Perth Psychological Services (PPS) is a vibrant and busy private clinical psychology practice in Perth with clinics in North Perth and Falcon. We have been providing ethical and quality assessment services in Perth since 2006. Have a look at our website: www.perthpsychology.com.au
PPS is seeking a Clinical Psychologist Registrar or a new graduate registered or eligible for AHPRA registration to join our team as a Clinical Psychologist Registrar. The position is full time contract work. If you are completing your Graduate programme and will be able to commence working later in 2020 please consider applying if you think private practice suits you. If you are already registered, we have work immediately available. The successful applicant would be expected to work across both North Perth and Falcon and there are opportunities for some work in rural and remote areas providing expert services.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of providing therapy to their own client load under supervision. They will enjoy the support of similarly focused colleagues, including our administration support staff and clinical management team. The position comes with the security of working for an established practice with a strong referral base and good reputation. We are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic, able to work independently, and who enjoy being part of a supportive team.
PPS has a client base that includes GP Medicare referrals, referrals through government department contracts (Health, Disability, Child Protection), NDIS referrals, Insurance, rehabilitation, EAP and other areas so work involves both assessment and therapy and is diverse.
The position is as a contractor with regular client working days. Remuneration is generous.
Perth Psychological Services offers:
· A supportive team who value working collaboratively.
· Fully equipped and furnished therapy rooms appropriate to working with adults, children, adolescents and families.
· Ongoing provision of referrals.
· Electronic practice management diary that is accessible from anywhere to help you keep track of your appointments.
· Administration support that includes intake and management of all appointments, reception services, invoicing & account facilities, and support in completing Medicare reporting requirements.
· Regular Group Clinical Psychology Supervision provided by the Directors and Clinical Manager all of whom are endorsed as clinical supervisors by the AHPRA’s Psychology Registration Board.
· Individual Supervision for Registrars at discounted rates and Professional Development.
· Flexible hours.
· Access to a range of client resources and a large clinical library.
· Access to a broad range of psychometric tests & if applicable synchronised iPads for ease of testing.
· Masters or Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology.
· Eligibility to provide Medicare psychology services.
· Registration or eligibility for registration as a Clinical Psychology Registrar with AHPRA.
· Competence in diagnosis using DSM-V criteria and willingness to undertake additional in-house training in neurodevelopmental disorder diagnosis including ASD, FASD, ADHD, Learning Disorders and Trauma.
· Risk assessment skills.
· Experience in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of adults, children, and adolescents with a range of psychological issues Experience in working with parents and families.
· Experience in working with diverse cultural groups.
· ABN (Australian Business Number).
· Professional Indemnity Insurance from a provider approved by AHPRA.
· Police Clearance.
· Working with Children Card.
· Drivers Licence and Motor Vehicle insurance.
In your application, please include:
· Your clinical experience
· Your qualifications and University
· Your current CV
· Psychologist registration details and registration number
· Membership of any professional associations
· References or details for referee report from past/current employers or supervisors
Interested applicants are invited to gain further information from
PPS Director and Clinical Psychologist, Suzanne Midford
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 25th July 2020
Please address your application to Suzanne Midford