As a private provider of Higher Education programs, the Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC) offers comprehensive and innovative higher education programs providing a unique and personalised learning experience to tertiary students studying through external learning.
About the role:
The Institute is seeking a Lecturer to teach and assess subjects included in the Master of Counselling higher education program. Based at the Institute's Higher Education campus in Fortitude Valley, the position will work closely with the Program Leader and Academic Team in the delivery of external Master of Counselling higher education subjects. This position can be a full-time or part-time continuing position (with 6 months' probation). Work hours will be 9am to 5pm for either 3 - 5 days with days worked negotiable.
Duties and responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Teaching and assessment responsibilities including developing and delivering webinars and residential school sessions; providing study assistance to students; and marking student assessments.
- Developing subject learning materials, assessments and study guides, and assisting with pre-assessment and post-assessment moderation.
- Maintaining paperwork and files as required for teaching and assessment.
- Ensuring all student assessments are marked to appropriate standards within timeframes.
- Liaising effectively with staff and students.
Skills and Experience:
To perform effectively in the role, the successful Lecturer will have:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline (mandatory requirement).
- Demonstrated teaching ability in counselling or relevant fields in the higher education sector.
- Demonstrated work with clients in psychological roles and/or counselling settings.
- Current membership (or eligibility) with a Counselling Association.
We have a strong student-centric, values-driven culture based on the guiding principle: “Empowering people to help others”. The overall purpose of our organisation is for our graduates’, through their own work, to positively influence the level of wellbeing and health in our communities. We accept our role in fulfilling this purpose, working with responsibility, passion, expertise and skill. Our teams develop high quality, applicable courses and programs, and provide an exceptional level of education and service to our students. As such, we have a strong focus on creating an accountable, supportive and engaging work environment built on joint purpose, teamwork, and enthusiasm for what we do.
Working for a private Higher Education Provider has a variety of benefits. This is a teaching only, permanent position (no research work involved) and professional development relevant to the position is financially supported.
The Lecturer role works in a professional and enthusiastic team of counselling academics passionate about assisting students achieve their academic and career goals. AIPC staff enjoy working to the organisation’s core values including inspiring others, providing exceptional education, and making a difference.
How to Apply:
To apply, please forward an Application Letter addressing the position requirements listed above and Curriculum Vitae by Friday 24th July 2020.
*Applications will be assessed on first in basis and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any questions prior to making applications please contact Jenner Rodgers, HR Coordinator on 07 3112 2000.