- Join a dedicated multidisciplinary team!
- Psychologist Grade 2 - Ongoing Full Time position (Part Time considered)
- North West Community Care Unit - Broadmeadows
Life With Us:
- The North West Community Care Unit (NWCCU) provides a 24-hour community based residential rehabilitation program to people who experience long term serious mental illness and disability.
- The CCU is a therapeutic environment in which rehabilitation programs are tailored to meet individual resident needs.
- The residents are people who require high levels of clinical support and intensive rehabilitation to support their mental health and daily living.
- There may be scope to work collaboratively with our Prevention and Recovery Centre (PARC) to support an integrated model of care with NWCCU.
A Job To Be Proud Of:
- Provide psychological assessments, intervention and psychotherapy to identified consumers
- Work within a multidisciplinary team, provide psychological assessments, intervention and psychotherapy to identified consumers
- Work collaboratively with families/carers and community partners utilising the recovery model of care
- Plan and facilitate therapeutic groups, and also provide consultation to other members of the team,
- Work with the leadership group and allied health to review, implement and evaluate the NWCCU group program
- Theoretical knowledge of Psychological clinical interventions in mental health
- Demonstrated evidence of professional development in a number of areas relevant to practicing as a Psychologist in a mental health setting
- Demonstrated skill in providing a range of Psychological assessments and individual interventions to the clients and their carers
- Demonstrated capacity for initiative and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in Public Health and Community Case Management
- Current driver’s license
Our Commitment to You:
- We are a values based organisation, a career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- NorthWestern Mental Health boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; Staff Gym, staff health service, peer support program and Employee Assistance Programs
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement