Parramatta Mission is the lead organization for many clinical mental health programs across Sydney including headspace Katoomba. headspace aims to reduce the burden of disease in young people aged 12-25 years caused by mental health and related substance use disorders through early identification and effective, evidence-based intervention.
- Youth Access Team Senior Clinician, and Clinician
- Full time and Part time positions until 30 June 2021
- With attractive salary packaging benefits
The headspace Bushfire Relief Outreach Service aims to provide early intervention services to young people aged 12 to 25 in the Katoomba and Hawkesbury region impacted by the recent Australian bushfires.
Among the overall aims of clinical care provided by the Senior Clinician and team are:
- To provide early intervention and timely access to minimise the impact of bushfires on the mental health and normal developmental trajectory of the young person.
- To minimise the subjective distress of young people and their families associated with bushfires or the fear of the threat of bushfires.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology (must be provisionally registered as a minimum), Social Work, Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapy or other relevant body.
- Registration or eligibility of respective professional body
- If provisionally registered have a current primary supervisor
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated and extensive assessment / triage skills in mental health and ability to co-ordinate care for young people
- Demonstrated ability to engage with young people and carers
- Demonstrated excellency in decision making, problem solving, negotiation and crisis management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to the mental health needs of young people (12-25 years) and their families
- Demonstrated clinical proficiency in assessment and treatment of mental illness such as psychotic disorders, bipolar affective disorder, complex trauma, depression, and anxiety
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team and in using initiative to develop systems and processes that support needs of the work
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication (telephone, verbal and written) and report writing skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- 2 years’ experience in developing and maintaining relationships and liaising with internal and external stakeholders and services
- A current Working with Children Check clearance, National Criminal Record Check, 100 Points of Identification, Approved qualifications.
To Apply, click the the REd Link below & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Parramatta Mission encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To Apply click on the Link below:
Senior Clinician, Bushfire Relief, headspace Katoomba - 2 positions FT & PT
Enquiries only to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 8188 7426. To Apply Click on the above red Link mentioning PsychXchange in your letter. Ref 694
No agencies please