Melbourne Psychology & Counselling (MPC) is an established private practice operating from three locations in Melbourne’s northern suburbs (Brunswick, Coburg & Thornbury). MPC is home to 14 psychologists who provide psychological treatment and counselling for children, adolescents and adults. MPC prides itself on providing high quality psychological treatment and an exceptional intake process for new patients.
We are currently looking for a warm, reliable and mature administrative/intake staff member to join our admin and intake team. You will be responsible for completing administrative tasks, communicating with and assisting our patients and psychologists, consultation with our external reception service, and personally conducting intake interviews with new patients. You will initially be working closely on-site with our Admin & Intake Manager, with a view to transitioning to flexible working from home arrangements after completion of your training (upon agreement). The role also works closely with the two Directors of the Service.
It is envisaged that the role may grow in 2021 to include taking on some or all of the management of intake and admin role.
We offer above award remuneration, a professional and supportive environment, and opportunities to participate in all MPC team and professional development activities. The position will commence as a casual role and can transition to permanent part-time employment after 6-months.
This role is ideally suited to a person who has experience in health triage, counselling or psychology. We are looking for a person that has experience with risk screening/assessment/triage (e.g. through placements or phone counselling, primary health, or social work), has a professional approach to their work, attention to detail and an interest in ongoing learning.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Proven ability to triage new clients (including risk screening) to determine suitability for private practice, treatment needs, and assist clients to access appropriate services.
- Experience or training in counselling, social work, psychology or mental health, and experience interacting with clients.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Excellent proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Gmail Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs)
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
- Capacity to work from home (private room, fast internet, computer)
- Demonstrated experience working in administrative/practice management/reception roles within a similar environment.
- Familiarity with the Medicare system and private practice psychology services.
- Experience with provision of counselling (face-to-face, or phone).
- Familiarity with Front Desk management software, or proven ability to master new IT platforms.