About the business and the role
AIM Therapy for Children is a multidisciplinary team of 25 providing OT, Speech Pathology, Clinical Psychology, Registered Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Physiotherapy. We offer individual and group sessions from five premises: Joondalup, Wembley, Gosnells, Rockingham and Mandurah. We also provide on-site Therapy services to several schools across Perth.
- There is never a dull moment at AIM Therapy! Working as part of a busy MDT means there is always opportunity to learn!
- We always strive to provide the best service to children and families. AIM Therapists use a wide range of gold standard assessments, have access to excellent software to assist the therapy process, follow best practice guidelines throughout the therapy process and always provide evidence based practice.
- We regularly liaise with other team members in order to provide the best outcomes to families. Regular supervision and mentoring available to help you feel competent and confident in all services you provide to help you go home feeling satisfied at the end of your work day.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Clinical duties that the successful psychologist will be responsible for include the delivery of therapy services to children and teens including:
- individual comprehensive assessment
- individual intervention sessions for individuals aged 2 years to 16 years and their parents.
- Administrative duties include writing reports, progress notes and developing therapy resources. All organisation of appointments and invoices is managed by our amazing administration team!
Skills and experience
Experience providing psychology/counselling assessment and therapy services to children and teens
We have flexible working days/hours. You are encouraged to apply regardless of the days you are available. We have capacity for any combination of weekdays and/or Saturdays at most of our premises.
- Ability to build a great rapport with children, adolescents and parents
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with other allied health professionals and administration team
- Ability to take initiative as required
- Excellent computer skills
- Competently and confidently carry out assessments, plan and run individual and group based therapy services and reviews to monitor therapy progress
- Management of own caseload, support provided as required
- Ability to independently seek support as required
Job benefits and perks
Highly competitive wage
- We pride ourselves on providing flexible work arrangements, especially for caregivers, including options to work just during school hours, having a choice of days and hours of work and a choice of which locations you would like to work from so you can work close to home or from home for administration tasks. An on-line calendar management system means you have the flexibility to complete administration tasks from home if preferred
- You will hopefully feel well supported with all your work carried out with AIM Therapy through: regular mentoring and supervision sessions, provision of guidelines for the structure and content of reports, liaison with our on-site multidisciplinary team, full-time administration support and a very approachable and available Practice and Clinical managers to provide support as required.
- Pod machine at our Gosnells premises, cafe across the road from our Wembley premises and automatic coffee machine at our Joondalup premises!
We look forward to hearing from you.