- Senior Clinician with the Emergency Mental Health Team
- Located at Royal Melbourne Hospital Emergency Department
- This is a full time position but we will consider Part Time
Life With us:
The EMH Clinician maintains a pivotal role within the ED providing an interface between community mental health and inpatient services. The role provides high level clinical consultation within the RMH Emergency Department, with respect to the assessment, management and treatment of mental health disorders together with associated at risk behaviour.
- Face to face interaction and assessment is the primary focus of the clinician, including the gathering of collateral information.
- Supporting families, clients and carers presenting in crisis during their Emergency Department visit is central to this role
- EMH also staff the Inner West PACER and Engage program and clinicians are rostered across both roles.
We will also consider an applicant expressing interest to do permanent nights. Applicant would still be orientated to all roles within the Emergency Mental Health Team and would be required to work 1 month of rotating roster per year [or equivalent spread throughout the year]
A Job to Be Proud Of:
The Senior Clinician will participate in clinical service development activities within the Team and encourage and support quality initiatives and research. The role involves the provision of supervision to staff as well as students within the relevant discipline. In partnership with the Emergency Department Clinicians the EMH clinician will:
- Consult with ED staff in identifying and assessing persons with a possible mental illness. Provide comprehensive mental health and risk assessments for clients triaged and referred.
- Develop mental health treatment and management plans within the ED and organise ongoing assistance before the patient is discharged from the ED.
- Collaboratively develop internal policies and protocols, training and quality activities aimed at improving services to people with mental health problems within the ED.
- Meet national triage standards and other key performance indicators including length of stay of both admitted and non-admitted patients.
- Provide mental health care consistent with the Mental Health Act and National Mental Health Standards.
- Facilitate and encourage continuity of care processes between adult psychiatric inpatient /community, youth, aged care services and the emergency department.
- Formal qualifications and registration (Registered psychiatric Nurse, Occupational therapist, Psychologist and Social worker).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Strong understanding of mental illness, assessment and risk
Our Commitment to You:
- We are a values based organisation, a career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- NorthWestern Mental Health boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- Attractive salary and working conditions including annual and CPD leave, salary sacrifice
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; Staff Gym, staff health service, peer support program and Employee Assistance Programs
- Rich opportunities for professional development, training and research
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.