The Melbourne DBT Centre is leading private provider of comprehensive DBT programs and clinical psychology services in Melbourne and Officer. We are recognised for excellence in provision of DBT.
We serve clients from all over Victoria, and are known for our therapeutic work with individuals with complex presentations. We serve individuals with a wide range of conditions, in addition to BPD. We are very busy, and COVID-19 hasn't stopped our referrals!
We are seeking at least 3 part or 2 full time clinicians to join our enthusiastic and professional team, with flexibility available for days and times of work.
We are looking for engaged clinicians with motivation to develop their skills, who are interested in DBT or complex cases, and want to work with interesting, diverse clients.
We have a supportive and friendly team, who are happy and enjoy their roles. We provide excellent clinical training, high standard supervision, and good support to our staff group and we take a team approach.
We are seeking:
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Psychology Registrars
- Registered Psychologists
- Psychology Interns
- a diverse role with interesting clients
- great working environment
- enjoyable, rewarding and fascinating work
- an opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team
- fantastic professional skill development
- ongoing training
- Board approved supervision for endorsement
- ongoing expert supervision included
- opportunity to learn and work with a range of international grad evidence-based therapies, in addition to DBT
- a chance to use your clinical and diagnostic skills fully
- good pay
- flexitime and flexible work setting (ideal for parents and work-life balance)
- capacity for day, evening and weekend work if desired
- career pathway, with opportunities for advancement to supervisory, leadership and management positions
- Unique Clinical Registrar Program
- advanced training in DBT as part of the role
- opportunity for diverse work setting, with engagement in our affiliated services, Victorian Centre for Mental Health Private Hospital, and DBT in Schools, providing services in schools across Melbourne.
- role based in Murrumbeena, Officer or across both sites
We are only seeking AHPRA registered professionals to join our team, who are interested in work with complex presentations.
Clinicians will join our team, and participate in delivery of our existing suite of DBT programs, as well as provision of individual therapy with a wide range of clients.
Intensively Trained DBT Clinicians or those with DBT experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Clinical Psychologists, Clinical Registrars and Registered Psychologists are encouraged to apply.
Previous applicants are welcome to reapply.
Any previous training or any experience with DBT or mindfulness will be favorably considered.
However, we are also open to training you, if you don't have much experience, but are keen, really like DBT, or have a personal interest in Mindfulness, form good rapport with your clients, and are the right candidate for us.
You will need to be available to attend our team meeting and individual supervision, and also be available for some limited after hours groups and individual sessions as part of these roles. We have combinations of day, evening and weekend work available for these roles, that can be structured full, part time, school hours or flexible hours for the right candidate.
You will also need unrestricted Provisional or Full Registration with AHPRA, a Working With Children and Police Check. If you are a Clinical Psychologist or Registered Psychologist, you will need to be eligible to be a provider with Medicare.
We will only consider international applicants who have already completed the assessment for transfer of qualifications process with the APS and have obtained AHPRA registration, and who are ready to commence work in Melbourne and available for an in-person interview.
We respectfully request you do not apply if you do not meet the above requirements.
If you are interested in a role with us, please email your application to the Melbourne DBT Centre. Please send your CV, and a coverletter outlining your interest, your experience with complex presentations and our area of work, the type of hours you are seeking, if you have a preference for site location. Address to Manager, Melbourne DBT Centre email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Procedures: We are affiliated the Victorian Centre for Mental Health private hospital. Our patients and staff move between our services. We maintain hospital standard COVID-19 procedures for all patients and staff at our service. This makes our workplace very, very safe for our patients and workers. We do provide telehealth.