If you’re interested in private practice clinical psychology, which combines interesting and satisfying clinical work, lovely rooms, strong remuneration, and an experienced and supportive team, training and PD, we’d love to hear from you.
Jeffery & Ree Clinical Psychologists (incorporating Sleep Matters www.sleepmattersperth.com.au) is a clinical psychology practice in Subiaco and O’Connor www.jrpsych.com.au.
The successful applicant would work ideally 3-4 days per week (2 days will be considered). There can be some flexibility in days and hours, including the option to work in the evening/Saturdays. We are open to discussing whether the role is structured as a contractor or as an employee.
Jeffery&Ree is a practice of ten Clinical Psychologists and Clinical Psychologist Registrars. We provide general clinical psychology services to children, adolescents, adults and families so you can have a varied caseload. Sport and performance psychology is a growth area, with Paul Jeffery being a sport psychologist at WAIS.
The successful applicant is welcome to continue or develop a niche area that we would support you in promoting.
In addition, Sleep Matters is a behavioural sleep medicine service offering psychological treatments for insomnia and associated difficulties (chronic nightmares, childhood sleep difficulties, circadian rhythm disturbance, shiftwork related problems). We also offer group treatment for insomnia. This is an interesting, highly satisfying and varied niche area, relevant to many psychological presentations. Our clinicians love their sleep work! Experience, previous training, or a genuine interest to upskill in working with sleep problems is important. The experienced team at Sleep Matters can provide training and supervision if this is a new area for you.
We are in a position to consider a clinical psychologist registrar or an experienced clinical psychologist (who may be interested in supervising our less experienced team members) for this role.
What we offer you:
• Pleasant and professional working environment, including a supportive and friendly group of psychologists
• The opportunity to build a diverse caseload
• Clinical supervision and peer supervision groups (that can be counted towards Continuing Professional Development requirements)
• Training and experience in assessing and treating Insomnia and other sleep disorders
• Access to clinical resources including an online staff portal with tip sheets, treatment manuals and latest research
• On the ground and virtual reception support that includes booking of initial appointments, appointment reschedules, SMS appointment reminders to clients
• Practice management software that enables the flexibility to complete client administration online from home
• Online and print marketing
• Provision of high quality, evidence-based psychological services and associated administrative duties (e.g. case notes, management of ongoing appointments, etc.).
• Communication and relationship building with referring GPs and other health care providers.
• Limited involvement in marketing activities to help build relationships and promote awareness of your areas of focus.
• Possible provision of clinical supervision to our more junior clinical team members.
What we require from you:
• Endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist or Registrar with the Psychology Board of Australia
• Medicare provider number, or eligibility for a Medicare provider number
• Professional indemnity insurance
• Experience in and enthusiasm for working with children is desirable.
• If working with children, a current Working with Children Card or eligibility for WWC
• Genuine interest in contributing to Sleep Matters’ treatments: psychological assessment and management of Insomnia and other sleep disorders (we will provide training and support provided if this is a new area for you)
• Ability to work with initiative and autonomy