About the role:
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Clinical Psychologist to join our practice for an initial 12 month maternity leave position.
There is a strong existing client base, and a strong referral system established within the business.
The position involves working independently to provide psychological assessment and treatment to individuals with scope to choose the age groups and presenting problems you would like to work with.
Why join our team?
- Long-term career growth and prospects
- Attractive earnings via a consulting or salary arrangement
- Flexible choice of working days, hours and structure
- Comprehensive administration and reception support 5 days per week managing payments, medicare billing, client queries, scheduling, telehealth set up and new client intake making the process for clients and therapists seamless.
- Strategic referrals matching to your nominated criteria
- Strong stream of new referrals, great practice retention rates and processes aimed at enhancing engagement
- Pleasant, quiet and modern working environment in Eastern Suburbs
- A truly supportive and friendly workplace that encourages flexibility and work-life balance
- Ample opportunities for professional connection and support: Regular group supervision offered by an external supervisor; access to the Director for support and mentoring; optional peer consultation with the broader team
- Paperless, secure systems make it efficient and easy for you to access notes, complete your GP letters and communicate with the reception team
- Opportunity to take on a leadership role with supervision responsibilities
Skills and experience
The top qualities we are looking for:
- A high level of empathy and compassion for others
- Skilfulness and thorough training in your areas of interest / preferred treatment modalities
The successful candidate will possess the following essential criteria:
- Completion of a Masters or Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology
- Registration with AHPRA with Clinical Psychology endorsement (has already completed registrar program)
- Can demonstrate an ability to work independently and reflectively
- Uses a proactive and reflective approach to the therapeutic process
- Works to a high standard
A little about us ...
We are an established practice located in the Eastern Suburbs. Our team of passionate Psychologists and admin staff are committed to providing a high standard of Client care for our varied client base.
We are well-regarded amongst the community and local GP’s as a professional and proactive team who provide modern and evidence-based therapy in a practical, relatable way exercising maximum duty of care.
Our clinicians utilise a range of evidence-based approaches including DBT, ACT, CBT, Schema Therapy, MBCT, CBT-E, CFT, Maudsley FBT, Family Systems, MCT.
We also offer group programs including an 8-week introduction to DBT course, a DBT program for binge eating and emotional eating; and an 8 week meditation course. Your involvement is welcome should you wish to expand your professional development.
Our team members describe the working environment as supportive, friendly and attentive to their needs as clinicians.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 89370667 for more information