The “Continuing to be Me” (C2bMe) program is an exciting new program of Parramatta Mission, providing a comprehensive in reach person centred model of care designed to enable residents living within aged care facilities with mental illness to access mental health services like those available in the community. It is designed to reinforce identity and purpose, increase connectedness, develop hope, reduce symptomatology, and optimise function so that residents can continue to live with dignity.
- Psychologist / Social Worker / Nurse / Occupational Therapist
- 3 Full time positions in Smithfield until Aug 2021
- Attractive rates + Generous salary packaging benefits
The C2bMe Clinician role involves the provision of comprehensive, evidence-based clinical care coordination, psychological and psychosocial interventions consistent with the model of care. The Clinician will be responsible for individual and group-based therapy. They will support consumers in their psychosocial recovery aiming to optimise functioning of RACF residents to continue living with dignity.
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology (must be provisionally registered as a minimum), Social Work, Registered Nursing, or Occupational Therapy including current registration or eligibility to register with respective professional body.
2. A minimum of 3-year clinical practice (excluding clinical placements) within the mental health field. Ideally with experience working with consumers experiencing mental health concerns
3. Demonstrated experience and a good understanding of working with older persons, and in supporting older people’s mental wellbeing
4. Demonstrated skills in decision making, problem solving, negotiation and crisis management.
5. Experience delivering contemporary, evidence-based practices and therapeutic interventions for older persons
6. An understanding of recovery model principles and ability to implement these in clinical practice
7. Ability to effectively engage consumers and their families, as well as other stakeholders, including the ability to be creative and flexible
8. A high level of interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving and negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and negotiate within a multidisciplinary team.
9. Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and deliver individualised psychological interventions to meet the needs of consumers based on a case formulation approach
10. Ability to use relevant information technology, electronic recording systems and data management tools
11. Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act (2007)
12. Compulsory Influenza vaccine compliance
13. Current NSW Driver’s License
1. Experience in collaborative partnerships residential aged care services
2. Experience working with specific populations of elderly people (e.g. Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander populations, CALD)
3. Previous experience developing or implementing group programs specifically designed for elderly people 65+ years and 50+ for Aboriginal Elders
To Apply, click the red Link below & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
A competitive salary with generous NFP salary sacrificing options, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Parramatta Mission encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To Apply click on the Link below:
Clinician, Psychological Interventions - Aged Care - 3 positions
Enquiries to email@example.com. To Apply Click on the above red Link mentioning PsychXchange in your letter. Ref 650
No agencies please