Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and statewide services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
An opportunity exists for an experienced and dynamic Clinical Neuropsychologist Grade 4 to join our Neuropsychology Department at Eastern Health.
The position involves providing clinical and professional leadership to the neuropsychologists working within the acute/subacute neuropsychology service at Eastern Health.
The Grade 4 Clinical Neuropsychologist will use their expert knowledge, expertise and significant experience to deliver an evidence-based neuropsychology assessment and intervention service to patients presenting with a broad range of neuropsychological conditions. In addition, the Grade 4 Clinical Neuropsychologist will ensure a responsive neuropsychology service is provided to all Eastern Health acute and subacute inpatient programs including maintaining an effective central triaging system for referrals.
Management and oversight of complex cases, as well as travel across sites, is required.
• Leadership and project management experience as well as knowledge in a wide range of neuropsychological disorders, and expertise and skill in assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management of adult and older adults.
• Experience working in hospital environments and skilled in the assessment of decision-making capacity (essential).
• Expertise in clinical work such as neuropsychological assessment and neuropsychology interventions.
• Skilled in contributing to multidisciplinary teams and provision of education to clients and carers.
As part of the broader Psychology Department at Eastern Health you will have access to:
• Regular clinical supervision (group and individual)
• Diverse opportunities for professional development
• Opportunities for cross-site support and mentoring
• Being part of a friendly and supportive team of psychologists
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
The benefits of working for Eastern Health include:
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference take hold of this opportunity and apply today!
For full details refer to the attached Position Description.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to developing leadership and clinical services in Neuropsychology at EH within a supportive and dynamic team.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory police records check.
You must have the right to permanently live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please submit all applications online.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First: Agility: Humility: Respect: Kindness: Excellence
Enquires should be directed to Dr Christine Canty, Neuropsychology Clinical Lead on 0466 412 589 or Dr Alison Wilby, Director Psychology on 0409 237 109.