If you are
passionate about making a difference in young peoples lives and working
with a multidisciplinary team, the Health Service, University of
Melbourne requires clinical psychologists.
Our team consists of 17 General Practitioners, 4 Psychiatrists, a Mental Health Nurse and 5 Clinical Psychologists.
University provides affordable access to the Health Service by bulk
billing services to both domestic and international students.
Essential qualifications, experience, skills and abilities
· Full registration with AHPRA as a clinical Psychologist
· At least 3 years’ post graduate experience
· Medicare provider status, own indemnity insurance and an ABN
· High level of expertise and standard of ethical practice
· Experience in CBT and other modalities
· Experience with mood and anxiety disorders
· Commitment to evidence-based therapies
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and to be highly organised, self-motivated and driven
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong commitment to ongoing professional development
to develop their client base with our practice manager and
independently, including ongoing liaison with GPs and other referrers
· Ability to work with a varied client base and with a keen understanding of the needs of the student population
· Friendly, warm personality with ability to build strong rapport with clients
· Current police and working with children checks
You will be provided with:
· Strong stream of referrals and MHCPs from our patient base
· Administrative support
· Collegial support
· Relaxed and welcoming work place with great facilities
Psychologists will be engaged as contractors under which they will retain 80% of their receipts.