This position is available as a result of the practice growing.
Dennison Psychology is an established private psychology practice, based in South Yarra. The practice is committed to high-level service delivery. Dennison Psychology strives to maintain a culture that fosters job satisfaction, benefiting both contractors and, resultantly, clients. This is achieved through a providing a supportive team environment, whilst fostering contractor independence. A maximum of 6 clients are booked per working day. Contractors receive $97.50 - $126.75 per client before 4pm, and $110 - $143 per client from 4pm onward.
Unlike many other practices, Dennison Psychology does not expect contractors to conduct their own marketing, and does not bulk bill clients. All contractors are invited to attend the practice's group supervision (two hours, once a month), which is facilitated by an external supervisor (registered clinical psychologist & registered supervisor). The client population is primarily comprised of adult clients, attending for individual therapy.
The practice also provides part-time administrative/ receptionist support.
A position has become available for a psychologist who wishes to work primarily (or exclusively) with adult clients. It is expected the successful candidate will work a minimum of 1.5 days per week (with a potential option of working up to 3 days per week). Days can be worked as half days, if desired.
Please consider the criteria below, which applicants will be considered in relation to.
· Full registration as a psychologist with AHPRA
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a registered psychologist working with clients in a therapeutic setting
· Experienced in working with a wide range of mental health disorders and clientele
· Able to work independently and autonomously
· Exceptional time-management and organisation skills
· Willing to work at least one evening per week
· Eligible to register to provide psychological services through Medicare, and willing to register to provide services through other funding avenues (TAC, Work Safe, DVA etc.) - n.b. we do not offer bulk billing to clients
· Currently have, or willing and eligible to obtain an ABN
· Committed to continued professional development
· Great rapport building/ interpersonal skills.
Desirable (not required)
- A specific area of interest with regard to client presenting issues
- Familiar with private practice administrative duties - the successful candidate will be responsible for many elements of own admin
- Training/ experience in the following therapeutic approaches is desirable (but not required): emotion-focussed therapy, ACT/ mindfulness, motivational interviewing, schema/ ego-state/ Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapy, EMDR, psychodynamic psychotherapy, havening, clinical hypnosis.
- Willing to engage in the practice's group supervision (usually held once per month, from 10am-12pm on a Saturday).
- Endorsed by AHPRA in a relevant area of practice (e.g. Clinical, Counselling), or currently completing a registrar program.
Should you require more information position, please email email@example.com.
Applications will be considered as received, as opposed after the date applications close.
Please email your application to Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- a cover letter
- your C.V. (including details of any treatment models you have trained in)
- contact details of two professional referees (referees will only be contacted after successful interview).