· Capricornia Correctional Centre
· Etna Creek (Rockhampton)
· 82,963 - $90,399 per annum.
Queensland Corrective Services (QCS) Psychologists encounter a diverse and complex adult population, including a range of demographics, clinical presentations and variations in risk and need. Psychologists will gain experience working with adolescents and youth through to late adulthood; Indigenous and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) individuals; people with intellectual disabilities, acquired brain injury, developmental disorders, mental health concerns, addiction and/or heightened risk of self-harm or suicide.
The role of Psychologist within QCS is to provide high quality psychological services, including psychological assessment, case management and interventions that promote the mental health, well-being and safety of adults accommodated in correctional centres. The position also provides services related to their positive progression through all stages of their time in custody, assist prisoners to desist from future offending and to promote successful re-integration into the community.
The Key Responsibilities of the role are:
• Assessment and measurement of psychosocial and rehabilitation needs and preparation of reports to relevant authorities
• Provide evidence based intervention to assist with mental health symptomology and behaviours of concern, including management of suicide/self-harm risk and risk to others
• Contribute to the case management of adults in correctional centres to promote mental health and well-being, engagement in rehabilitation activities and successful reintegration into the community
• Maintain a professional standard of practice
We encourage you to review the full details of the role outlined in the Role Description.
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
Enquiries Kay Hanschen - Ph: (07) 49 126 200
Job Ad Reference QLD/335820/20
Application Details https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-335820-20
Closing Date Monday, 2 March 2020