Southport and Robina
$53.88 - $57.97 per hour
An opportunity has become available for a Neuropsychologist – Senior (Inpatient Mental Health) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
You will take responsibility for
• Providing high level clinical neuropsychology services including neuropsychological assessment, diagnostic formulation, treatment planning and interventions to consumers with complex mental health presentations within a collaborative multidisciplinary team framework that is consistent with a high level of clinical experience and prescribed professional and ethical standards and National Mental Health standards
• Demonstrating strong skills in patient advocacy and advanced knowledge and skills in assessment of patient decision making capacity within the mental health setting
• Utilising high level clinical skills in the selection of appropriate psychometric tests and preparation of psychological reports and treatment recommendations
• Utilising high level knowledge and psychological skills to conduct evidence based psychological assessment and treatment interventions for adult consumers including brief psychological interventions appropriate in an in-patient context
Requirements for the role
• The possession of a tertiary degree in Psychology (or equivalent) from a recognised tertiary institution and registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA) is a requirement for this role
• An accredited post-graduate qualification in Clinical Neuropsychology (e.g. Masters Degree, DPsych, PhD) and eligibility for area of practice endorsement as a Clinical Neuropsychologist is required
• While not mandatory, membership or eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society would be well regarded
• Career Development
• Flexible work policies
• Leave loading
• Salary Packaging
• Modern Facilities
• Diverse Work Culture
• Permanent part time (38 hrs, p.f.)
• Base salary ranging from $53.88 - $57.97 per hour
• Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
• 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
• Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
• Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
• More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
• Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
• Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About Adult and Older Persons Mental Health
The Adult Mental Health Inpatient Units across the GCHHS provide acute and medium to long-term inpatient mental health services for consumers across a continuum of care at both the Gold Coast University Hospital and Robina Hospital. Care and treatment is consumer-focussed, multidisciplinary, comprehensive and collaborative.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Wednesday, 4 March 2020.
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.
Enquiries: Alice Almeida-Crasto
Job Ad Reference: GC334189
Closing Date: Tuesday, 3 March 2020.