Are you looking for a role where you can tailor your client base, receive superior support, experience great work-life balance and career progression opportunities? Are you a Registrar looking for a great environment to grow and develop? Or a Senior Psychologist looking for supervision opportunities? Then we might have the perfect role for you!
About the clinic
The Institute for Healthy Living is an established private practice located in the Westfield Business Towers in the heart of Bondi Junction. Our team of passionate Psychologists and admin staff are committed to providing a high standard of client care for our client base. As a clinic, we are also committed to providing a wonderful working environment for our Psychologists.
Our practice sees a variety of presentations but commonly are referred to for eating disorders and body image concerns, anxiety disorders, general stress, trauma and emotion regulation problems. We are also expanding our perinatal psychology referral base. Our clinic model emphasises supporting each clinician to build a referral base unique to their interest areas. You are not expected to see any referral - rather we want you to take on the types of clients you are most interested in working with.
Our reputation amongst the community and referring GPs precedes us; we are well-regarded as a professional and proactive team who provide modern and evidence-based therapy in a practical, relatable way exercising maximum duty of care.
Our clinicians utilise a range of evidence-based approaches including DBT, ACT, CBT, Schema Therapy, MBCT, CBT-E, CFT, Maudsley FBT, Family Systems, MCT.
We also offer group programs including an 8-week introduction to DBT course, a DBT program for binge eating and emotional eating; and an 8-week meditation course should you wish to expand your professional development.
Our team members describe the working environment as supportive, friendly and attentive to their needs as clinicians.
Learn more about our practice at www.institute4healthyliving.com
About the role
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Clinical Psychologist to join our private practice.
The position involves working independently to provide psychological assessment and treatment to predominantly adult individuals. There is plenty of scope to choose the age groups and presenting problems you would like to work with.
We aim to offer great flexibility to our preferred candidate. The equivalent of 1-2 days commitment is required. This is so the successful candidate can benefit from feeling a part of the team whilst also offering clients adequate options for regular appointments.
Benefits and perks
· Long-term career growth and prospects: If you are an early career Psychologist, we offer supervision and opportunities to develop your clinical interest areas. If you are a Senior Clinical Psychologist who has board approved supervisor status or who is interested to attain their supervisor status, we would like to support you by providing supervision opportunities. This Psychologist would assist the Director in supervising the early career team members.
· The opportunity to experience the perks of private practice without the stress and financial risks associated with business ownership
· Flexible choice of working days, hours and structure including half day consulting blocks
· Attractive earnings
· Comprehensive administration and reception support 6 days per week managing medicare billing, client queries, scheduling and new client intake making the process for clients and therapists seamless.
· Strategic referrals matching to your nominated criteria
· Strong stream of new referrals, great practice retention rates and processes aimed at enhancing client engagement
· Pleasant, quiet and modern working environment in a convenient Bondi Junction location (Westfield shops are right below us), easily accessible by car and public transport. Staff parking available.
· A truly supportive and friendly workplace that encourages flexibility and work-life balance
· Ample opportunities for professional connection and support: Regular group and individual supervision offered by the Practice Director and an external supervisor, access to the Director for support, debriefing and supervision, optional opportunities for peer consultation and socialising with the broader team
· Paperless, secure systems make it efficient and easy for you to access notes, complete your GP letters and communicate with the reception team
The successful candidate will possess the following essential criteria:
· Completion of a Masters or Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology
· Registration with AHPRA with Clinical Psychology endorsement (has already completed registrar program)
· Can demonstrate an ability to work independently and reflectively
· Possesses an ABN or ACN, or can organise to register
· Can show evidence of professional indemnity and public liability insurance covering for no less than $5,000,000
· Is able to exhibit strengths (as evidenced by training and experience) relevant to your expressed areas of interest or therapeutic modalities
· Uses a proactive and reflective approach to the therapeutic process
· Works to a high standard
· Skilfulness and thorough training in ACT, DBT or EMDR favourable