Shaw Psychology is a warm and professional private practice located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD. Our clients come with a range of presenting issues and from a variety of cultures, so we are lucky to be able to offer varied and rewarding clinical caseloads. We are strongly aligned with contextual behavioural approaches to counselling, such as Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), and are looking for similar clinicians to join our team.
Our Practice Director
Dr Daniel Shaw is a Counselling Psychologist and a board-approved supervisor. He is also an avid gamer, geek, cyclist, foodie, meditator and yoga practitioner. Values-based practice is important to Daniel and he strives to ensure that the practice and his team pursue meaningful goals whether helping our clients, growing as clinicians, or contributing to our communities.
We have a wonderful off-site administration support team and an in-house administration assistant who looks after both our clients and psychologists during evening and weekend hours. They take care of most reception and administration duties, leaving our psychologists to focus their time and energy on clients.
We have developed healthy relationships with referrers however the majority of referrals are from previous clients who feel confident in recommending us to their networks. As such, we have a consistent stream of referrals and usually have waiting lists. Once our psychologists have got their initial caseload full, they are rarely concerned about having a quiet calendar. We encourage our psychologists to create a workload that is appropriate for their own competency, wellbeing and fulfilment.
Professional and Beautiful Rooms
We provide clean and beautiful consultation rooms with natural plants and street-facing windows to create a comfortable and professional environment.
Inclusive and Supportive Team Dynamics
We know that clinicians want the freedom and independence to conduct their psychological practice. We also know that being able to have a friendly chat, get a quick debrief, and feel as we belong to a team is a welcome experience to most clinicians. We aim to have a friendly and supportive team environment and offer regular peer supervision.
Attractive Subcontractor Terms
In addition to an in-house gym and sauna, we offer competitive remuneration, genuinely flexible working conditions and a transparent, non-restrictive subcontractor arrangement.
Now that you know a bit about us, we are looking for someone who has:
- Experience and confidence working independently with a wide range of presenting issues;
- Strong interpersonal and organisation skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and group or individual supervision;
- Current registration as a psychologist with AHPRA;
- Current or eligible for registration with Medicare;
- Professional and public indemnity insurance;
- Current Working With Children Check and Police Check;
- Access to their own laptop and treatment resources;
- The capacity to see clients between 2 - 3 days per week, with at least two after-hour periods per week, such as evenings or weekends;
- Experience and training with ACT or other related contextual behavioural interventions are highly desirable, as experience working with couples under the Gottman model.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about the position please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9005 7819 and leave a message with our friendly reception team.
To submit your application please email email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills, your interests and what specifically attracts you to our practice.