Open Sky Psychology in Ryde is looking for a Psychologist to join our friendly professional private practice team of 6 practitioners.
We are seeking someone who shows a natural aptitude and ease in connecting well with clients, and either a) a proven ability to work within a longer term psychotherapy orientation, or b) to show promise of a capacity for longer term work, journeying with the client, and a willingness to train in greater depth (preferably in Schema Therapy techniques) in order to develop the skills to work regularly with client presentations which require 25+ sessions.
The practitioner will be required to build up a caseload of medium to long-term clients over time, depending on the client’s need. Some of these clients will be presenting with complex mental health issues and/or relationship difficulties.
We see a broad range of clients with issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, workplace problems, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, trauma/PTSD, as well as relationship problems of all kinds. We provide counselling for children, teenagers, adults, couples and families.
Our aim is not only to help clients to address and resolve inner pain, but also to help them work towards personal growth as part of that process, transitioning to a better quality of life, ongoing.
This opportunity is part-time, 3-4 days, with shifts that include one evening after-hours, and will preferably include Saturdays. However there is some flexibility as we are primarily looking for the right person to serve our clients and complement our team.
The position provides many of the benefits of a private practice work/life balance, but without the financial burden of setting up your own rooms, paying rent or having to generate your own clients. Your client referrals will start gradually and build up over several months.
Our support includes: a) ongoing new clients supplied to you via our browser based diary; b) access to supervision from the Principal Psychologist (as well as informally from other team members); c) further supported access to training and supervision particularly in Schema Therapy; d) full phone reception support and diary management of your clients; d) a friendly team of six practitioners - five psychologists and one psychotherapist.
All practitioners at our practice use, as needed, a range of modalities including Schema Therapy (for which all of us have received some training) as well as CBT, ACT, DBT, solution focussed, psychodynamic, emotion focussed, and narrative.
- Providing counselling/psychotherapy to clients.
- Nurturing and developing relationships with local referral agencies, including liaising with GPs and other marketing sources.
- Writing occasional blogs for the Open Sky website as required.
- Client preparation and notes, taking payments and maintaining efficient administrative systems.
- Participating in in-house case-conferences, staff meetings and training from time to time.
- Ensuring you meet all industry professional development requirements.
- A keen interest in psychotherapeutic theory and practice, and an ability to develop rapport and maintain a strong therapeutic alliance with your clients.
- Competence and ability to work with varied presentations and age groups, using a range of modalities and orientations. Open Sky Psychology encourages on-going training in Schema Therapy in particular, which can take place alongside or in addition to other modalities you may use.
- Ability to self-reflect on your own processes and personal/professional growth.
- Preferably available for work 3-4 days including Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, with the possibility of more shifts if mutually desired. However this is open to negotiation.
- Desirable: some experience in private practice settings, working with a broad range of client issues.
- Essential: Full Registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist.
- Eligible for Medicare Service Provision