About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
As a Behaviour Support Practitioner, you will be responsible for the assessment, design, implementation and evaluation of behaviour support services delivered to adults and children with disability in line with their NDIS plan, individual needs and goals.
This is a newly created permanent full time opportunity based in our Newcastle office, where you have the opportunity to contribute to and grow our clinical service offerings within the Hunter and Central Coast regions.
- Provide clinical knowledge, expertise and support to clients in a range of Life Without Barriers Disability & Aged Care programs.
- Complete assessment (including data collation and analysis) of risk and behaviours of concern
- Develop, deliver and monitor interventions and strategies around behaviours exhibited by people with a disability, and who may have multiple diagnoses which impact their behaviour
- Work collaboratively with and provide training and support to clients’ stakeholders in interventions and strategies developed for NDIA participants including behaviour support plans, therapeutic interventions, restricted practices, risk and safety plans.
- Work with the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission requirements, the NDIA Terms of Business and any State Based Restricted Practice Authorization requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health professions such as Psychology, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work or equivalent experience that meets the requirements of the NDIA
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of behaviour support services to children, adolescents, and/or adults with disabilities displaying complex support needs
- Demonstrated understanding and experience working in positive behaviour support approaches including the use of authorised Restrictive Practices.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use initiative and think laterally and strategically
- Ability to provide a service based on a client’s NDIS Plan, goals and funding allocation.
- Opportunity to grow service offerings across the Hunter & Central Coast regions
- Newly created, permanent full time role
- Monthly rostered day off
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kristy Crowe at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Monday 27th January 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)