Psychologist - Sub Contractor Role
The Self Centre is a well established and growing Psychology Practice offering evidence based, client centred therapy to adult and adolescent populations.
We have a very strong referral base, with steady flow of new clients being referred daily. We are looking for a Psychologist to join our team who would like to build a sustaining private practice.
We are located in the heart of St Leonards, on Sydney’s Lower North Shore. We practice out of beautiful purpose built consulting rooms, in a new building with client and practitioner comfort in mind.
We have a well established referral base from local GPs, and good word of mouth referral sources.
We are looking for a engaging, experienced, and dedicated Psychologist with an excellent work ethic to join our team as a sub-contractor. This is a part time position offering 2 days/week with potential to expand.
Our current referral rates are such that the successful candidate would likely build a steady practice quite quickly. Supervision is encouraged and offered in effort to support excellent retention rates. Group supervision is offered regularly, and access to 1:1 supervision with Principal Psychologist is available.
The successful candidate will hold a Masters degree or higher in Clinical or Counselling Psychology with a minimum 2+ years post graduation experience, and demonstrated excellence in client care and professional standard.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- A supportive and comfortable working environment
- Regular peer supervision and collegial support
- Administrative support
- Ongoing referrals
- Full Registration as General or Clinical Psychologist with AHPRA
- Ability to register with Medicare (& Private Health Funds)
- Personal and Indemnity Insurances
- ABN & GST Registered
- Ability to display a willingness to learn, be mentored, be trained, take on new ways of doing things.
- Participate in regular external clinical supervision
- Availably to work some out of hours is desirable
- Excellent client engagement skills
- Demonstrated excellence with client retention
- Demonstrated experience communicating and leasing with GP for patient care
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team (including attend GP lunches as well as marketing and business meetings)
- Reliable and strong work ethic
- Able to manage medicare reporting requirements
- Fluency with computer skills with view to learn online billing, reporting, and filing systems
- Experience in private practice setting
- Commitment to support and engage in marketing efforts
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!