The Junction Works is a dynamic, values driven provider of disability, youth, community and children’s services within South West Sydney. We are passionate and committed to creating possibilities for the people we support to ensure they live enriched and meaningful lives. More information about The Junction Works and the services we provide can be found on our website.
The Junction Works is offering an exciting opportunity for a qualified and passionate Psychologist with Behaviour Support experience to join our growing therapy team (Full Time preferred).
Some of your key duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Conduct psychometric and psychological assessment of clients to determine their level of functioning, and their strengths and weaknesses, in order to identify their areas of need and tailor interventions.
- Provide behaviour support services in line with best practice guidelines, including the development of behaviour support plans which may involve restrictive practices.
- Work closely with other TJW staff and allied health professionals within the sector to deliver client-focused, high quality integrated therapeutic programs.
- Manage a caseload of children, young people and adults with a disability who present with a variety of needs. Therapy services include assessment, consultation, therapeutic intervention planning and program development including those with complex needs or challenging behaviour.
- Delivery of therapeutic interventions for people with a disability and their families and carers;
- Support the philosophy of person centred practice and engage in collaborative, holistic goal setting that reflects the individual’s needs and priorities.
Our Ideal Candidate Possesses:
To be successful in this role you will be a driven and energetic professional with strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to demonstrate your skills and experience as a Psychologist in a multidisciplinary team. You will be a motivated and passionate professional, who thrives on supporting people with a disability and their families in our local community.
You will require the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Psychology or equivalent qualification
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Commitment to providing quality services and care to children and adults with a disability
- Experience in the assessment, consultation, therapeutic intervention planning and program development
- Proven clinical experience developing and implementing behaviour support plans
- Understanding of behaviour support arrangements under the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission
- Well-developed conceptual, problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to collect, interpret and utilise clinical data.
- Current First Aid certificate, Working with Children Check NSW Driver’s Licence and own car (car allowance paid)
- AN open and creative mindset – new and innovative ideas are encouraged
- Enthusiasm to be part of a professional team
Ready for the next step in your career? Join an organisation dedicated to 'Creating new possibilities in people's lives' - Apply Now –