Clinical/Health Psychologist (Grade 2: PK2 - PK4) – Pain Program
- Part time (0.42 EFT), permanent position with some flexibility of working days
- Work with clients who present with persistent pain and variety of mental health concerns
- Participate in the design and delivery of innovative psychological interventions
- Cheltenham location, situated at our Kingston Centre campus with some travel to other sites
About Monash Health
Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between, and we have recently opened the new 230-bed Monash Children’s Hospital.
About the Role
Along with other psychologists in the team you will provide comprehensive assessment, diagnosis and treatment for individuals, as well as assist to run group education sessions and group therapy based on mindfulness and self-compassion mindfulness approaches.
Further professional development training is available to the right candidate to enable them to deliver Cognitive Processing Therapy to assist clients with a trauma background that may impact on their experience of persistent pain.
Are you a dynamic and enthusiastic psychologist who would enjoy the challenges of working in a multidisciplinary community based pain management team?
- You are a confident Grade 2 Psychologist with a background in medical or mental health service environments
- You are ready to take on complex cases, you like to collaborate with other clinicians, and can work autonomously when needed
- You have an interest in psychological approaches to pain management or a willingness to develop knowledge and skills this area
If job satisfaction and the need to make real and lasting difference are high on your priority list, this job is for you.
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW, click here