Discipline Details: Psychologist Gr 2/3
FTE Details: 1 EFT Permanent Role, Part Time Considered
- Accrued Day Off per month
- Training & Leadership development
- Make a difference to the most disadvantaged in our community
An exciting opportunity exists for enthusiastic and experienced Psychologist Practitioners to join our Star Health Wellbeing Support Service for Older Adults. This is a newly funded program by the PHN in the South East of Melbourne, and an opportunity to provide counselling, psychological and psychosocial support to individuals living in residential aged care facilities (RACFs) who are experiencing mental health concerns. This is a cutting edge program with a focus on supporting a student workforce model.
To Star in this role you will have:
- A professional qualification in Psychology (Masters Minimum).
- Experience in delivering evidence based therapeudic interventions to persons experiencing mental ill health.
- Demostrated ability to create person centered outcomes in the context of psychological service delivery in RACFs.
- Excellent knowledge of best practice and effective treatments for older adults living in RACFs.
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the Social Model of Health.
What makes Star Health tick?
Star Health works in partnership with people and communities to promote and improve equity, health and wellbeing by delivering innovative client directed services that take into account the context of the individual and the community, and championing prevention and change to address the structural reasons for health inequity.
Applicants must address the key selection criteria within the covering letter and complete our application form directly via our website http://www.starhealth.org.au/careers/current-vacancies/