- Allied Health Grade 2 - Clinical Psychologist, Social Worker & Occupational Therapist & Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 3
- Part Time working 48 hours per fortnight (capacity for more hours) working 7 days a week rotating roster - AM shifts 8.30 am - 5.00 pm & PM shifts 2.00pm - 10.30pm
- Brand new facility - Noogal Clinic (Mill Park)
Life With Us:
If you enjoy working with people and their families during some of the most stressful periods of their lives to make a difference, then this job is for you.
Who are we? The Northern Area Mental Health Service (NAMHS)provides a comprehensive range of mental health services to people who reside in the local government areas of Darebin and Whittlesea.
Clinical Programs provided by the NAMHS include:
- Adult Community Services (2 Community Teams)
- Adult Acute Inpatient Service (50 beds)
- EMH (including PACER) and Consultation and Liaison Psychiatry Service at the Northern Hospital
- Community Care Unit
- Prevention and Recovery Care Service (PARC)
A Job To Be Proud Of:
Are you the person we are looking for?
- Engage and build a therapeutic alliance with the consumer and understand the needs and preferences of the person and their carers/family
- Provide recovery oriented assessment and intervention in collaboration with people presenting with complex and enduring mental illness
- Provide time limited goal focused on intensive community-based interventions and outreach support as clinically indicated to consumers and their families
- Provide discipline specific consultations, assessments and evidence-based interventions to assist in better outcomes for consumers and carers
- Ability to work collaboratively with consumers, families, carers and other service providers including GP’s and NDIS service providers to support a consistent approach
- Keen to work intensively with consumers on their recovery journey
- Provide evidenced-based assessments and interventions including linking to meaningful and purposeful activities in the person’s own community
- Work collaboratively with consumers, families, carers and other service providers including GP’s and NDIS service providers
- Provide discipline specific evidence based practice and appropriate treatment options as required
If you want to work in a team environment that encourages individual, evidence-based approaches to mental health care then we want you.
If you enjoy working in an environment where your experience and skills will be appreciated and respected, then this job is for you.
Our Commitment To You:
- We are a values based organisation, a career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- NorthWestern Mental Health boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- You don’t have to pay exorbitant car parking fees!
- Rich opportunities for professional development, training and research
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; staff health service, peer support program and Employee Assistance Programs
Connect With Us:
We know you are out there – connect with us. If you have any questions about your application or you just want to know more about NAMHS, please do not hesitate in contacting Patrick Roe (Manager Community Team North) or visit https://www.nwmh.org.au/.
You may even like to arrange a site visit and chat with us over a coffee.
Once you have seen our service and spoken to some of our wonderful team members, you will want to be part of something unique and help us make a difference.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.