About the role:
ACAP is seeking a Lecturer Level for the ACAP Discipline of Psychological Sciences, who will be responsible for contributing primarily to undergraduate coursework teaching, Honours and postgraduate research supervision and more broadly to the research culture within the Discipline and College through the conduct of research. The post holder will also contribute to administrative activities associated with teaching and learning, such as unit or course coordination, and to developing and maintaining relationships between the Discipline of Psychological Science and key personnel within the College. This position reports to the Psychological Sciences Discipline Lead, Sydney. The position is 1.0 FTE ongoing.
The candidate we seek will ideally have:
- PhD in psychology
- Demonstrated ability to teach in higher education settings in an area relevant to psychology
- Demonstrated ability to develop teaching materials and coordinate units of study
- Administrative experience linked to teaching and / or research, and the capacity to undertake academic leadership roles
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research leading to publications in high quality, peer reviewed journals
- Demonstrated ability to supervise student research (Honours and postgraduate level)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to engage students in the learning process
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated computer literacy including competence in using word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis software
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety policies of relevance to the work environment
What we can do for you:
- Career progression and leadership development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Mobility within the organisation and locations
- Staff study scholarship 75% for all courses
- First class modern facilities
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
We are ACAP, the Australian College of Applied Psychology. We are a tertiary education institute that focuses on psychology, counselling, social work and criminology and part of the Navitas Group.
35 years ago we opened our doors and sought to provide aspiring practitioners a modern approach to understanding the human mind and behaviour, through applied learning. This approach to teaching is what makes us different. It’s why curious minds choose to learn and develop their skills with us. ACAP is proud to hold Self Accrediting Authority with TEQSA and 7 year registration with ASQA, in both cases quality indicators with regulators for the education sector in Australia.
We were the first non-university higher education provider to offer a range of qualifications recognised by the Australian Psychological Accreditation Council (APAC). Our range of courses are also recognise by The Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA), The International Coach Federation (ICF) and the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). Our smaller classes and flexible studying options help each student navigate their journey in their own way. Visit acap.edu.au.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply:
Please apply by emailing a CV and statement addressing the selection criteria above, or for further information, please contact Professor Kathryn Nicholson Perry (Chair of Psychological Science) on Kathryn.NicholsonPerry@acap.edu.au or calling +61 2 9964 6314
Applications close on Monday, 9 December 2019 at 9.00 am however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
For further information and other opportunities, please visit https://www.navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo criminal records and working with children check.