Private Practice Position Available
Clinical Psychologist – Contractual Basis, Cremorne
A small, well-established clinical and counselling psychology practice in Sydney’s lower north shore, North Shore Psychology Practice, is seeking to employ a Clinical Psychologist to work with children, adolescents and adults 1 day per week, with a view to increase to 2 days per week. The position will be available from February 2020. North Shore Psychology Practice is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled practitioner to join the professional and friendly team.
The successful applicant will provide psychological services including clinical assessments, ongoing therapy, administer therapeutic interventions and provide liaison with other health practitioners (GP, psychiatrist etc).
Regular supervision will be offered if requested. Monday and/or Wednesday availability is preferred, however there is flexibility around doing two half days across multiple week days.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Full registration with AHPRA
- Current WwCC
- Experience with children, adolescents and adults
- Familiarity with, and adherence to, APS ethical code and guidelines
- Postgraduate qualifications in clinical psychology (Masters, DPsych, or Ph.D)
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to treat a range of psychological disorders and mental health issues in children and adults.
- Experience delivering a range of evidence-based therapies (for example DBT, Acceptance-based therapies, CBT, solution-focused therapies, family systems etc.)
- High level written and oral communication skills, high level writing skills required for assessment and progress reports
- Professional Indemnity Insurance and Public Liability insurance
- Previous experience working in clinical or counselling psychology setting
- An area of interest or focus (e.g. youth, personality disorders, anxiety, eating disorders, relationships etc.)
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Zoya Jamshidi directly on 0424 099 979.