THe Northwest Psychology Practice, Bella Vista
Who are we?
We are a group of psychologists who are committed to providing high quality, evidence-based therapy for children, teens and adults. We are based in Bella Vista, in the northwest of Sydney. We are looking for like-minded psychologists to join our team and we currently have a part-time contractor position available, starting in Jan/Feb 2020.
About the role:
Psychologists at the Northwest Psychology Practice provide assessment and treatment to people across the age range, from children to teens and adults. We’re looking for a psychologist to join our team who is a gifted all-rounder, and is passionate about working therapeutically with both children and adults. We need someone who is highly skilled in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and also familiar with the latest evidence based treatments (such as DBT, ACT and mindfulness). If you have a particular interest or expertise in certain presenting problems, we’ll try to help you nurture and develop this where possible.
The suitable person will:
- Be an empathic and talented clinician who is skilled at building rapport with clients and who is passionate about facilitating positive change.
- Have at least two years of experience in providing individual therapy for clients.
- Be a team player, someone who is great at building working relationships with colleagues and with other health-care providers.
- Be available to work a minimum of 2 days per week. Current available days are Monday, Friday and Saturday.
- Be willing to work during our busiest times (from 3pm to 7pm on weekdays and 9am-3pm on Saturday).
- Be willing to see kids and teens - you don't have to be highly experienced as we will provide training and support as needed.
- Preferred but not essential: An AHPRA endorsed clinical psychologist, or working towards obtaining endorsement. (Supervision for endorsement can be provided in-house.)
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered, you must be fully registered as a psychologist, with a Medicare provider number.
What we offer:
The practice has been operating in the local area for the past ten years and we have developed a sound referral base.
You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of presenting problems in a supportive and stimulating working environment.
We provide regular in-house supervision from a board-approved supervisor, a well stocked resource and toy library and comprehensive administrative support.
We strive to be the kind of practice where you can do your best clinical work.
Please submit your cover letter (telling us why you're the right person for the role) and your CV to email@example.com