Psychologist (Grade 2 or 3)
Permanent Part Time - 30 hours per week
Brunswick Private Hospital is a hospital providing rehabilitation, general medical and outpatient services to our local community. We are excited to announce that we will be extending our services from late-January 2020 as we commence inpatient and day patient mental health services to complement our existing programs.
At Brunswick Private Hospital our team of professionals are committed to providing comprehensive medical, rehabilitation and mental health services that are designed to restore independence following surgery, illness or injury.
Focussed on delivering great outcomes to our patients, our friendly clinical and non-clinical teams work together to deliver holistic care in a multidisciplinary approach. The Hospital has monthly staff lunches and a “Love Your Work” program to recognise staff for their hard work and efforts.
We are located conveniently located in Brunswick, close to the popular locations of Lygon Street and Sydney Road, and easily accessible local public transport links or car.
About our Mental Health service
Brunswick Private Hospital offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient (day) programs that are tailored to meet the needs of people with a range of mental health conditions. Initial focus on program delivery will include; general anxiety, depression, mood disorders, older person psychiatry, trauma and post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD).
About the role
You will be responsible for contributing to the content of the group programs, both inpatient and day programs as well as providing clinical treatment in an individual and group based setting. The successful applicant will have excellent knowledge of psychological assessment and intervention skills developed through previous experience in a clinical/hospital setting.
Remuneration level of Grade 2 or 3 will be determined based on the candidates level of experience and qualification, and there is an expectation the hours will be flexible across the week.
This position is expected to commence on Monday 20 January 2020.
· Full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency
· Experience facilitating group
· Competent in CBT and ACT therapy
· Demonstrated competency working within a multidisciplinary team as well as autonomously
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Evidence of clinical supervision and ongoing professional development
· Membership with the Australian Psychological Society
· Previous experience working in a Hospital Mental Health setting
· Experience with program development
· Experience with group interventions/dynamics
· Qualification in or interest in upskilling with DBT
· Strong organisation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Proficient in the use of information technology
Applicants must hold a current National Police Check (within 3 months) and Working with Children’s Check.
Applications close: Sunday 8th December 2019 Recruitment agencies need not apply.