Fairbridge College is a small independent school that specialises in working with students in years 7-12 (ages 12-18) who are either disengaged or at risk of disengaging from school. College provides appropriate educational pathways through intensive holistic support and a flexible learning environment.
We have recently been registered to open a campus in Kalgoorlie at the start of the 2020 school year. As such, we are currently looking for a psychologist to join our team. The role incorporates psychometric assessment, therapeutic support and intervention for young people who are attending the school.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience providing comprehensive counselling to young people with regards to personal, emotional, social and intellectual difficulties;
- Experience working with young people who may have experienced trauma and/or who have substance abuse issues;
- Knowledge of external support agencies that are available to young people in the local area;
- The ability to be flexible in the delivery of support;
- The ability to work in a climate of confidentiality; and,
- Qualifications and registration as a psychologist.
Fairbridge College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College's Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Applicants will be required to undergo police and Working with Children’s Checks in accordance with this policy.
The position will be full-time and commence at the start of the 2020 school year.
Your application must include:
- covering letter highlighting the selection criteria
- an up to date Curriculum Vitae
- the names and contact details of three referees
Applications should be emailed to
Jen Newlands: firstname.lastname@example.org