Who we are
We are an award winning, well-established multidisciplinary mental health service with an excellent reputation in the local community as a leading provider of mental health services for all ages. We are passionate about developing, evaluating, disseminating and delivering innovative health services for individuals of all ages, in partnership with carers, consumers and the community. Our Director, Dr Amy Talbot was awarded the inaugural Australian Psychologist of the Year in 2018.
Excellence with Passion
A Collaborative, Holistic Approach
Authentic Presence, Genuine Care
Learn, Share, Grow
As a practice we have a niche focus on eating and feeding disorders, obsessive compulsive and related disorders, anxiety disorders, child & family services and working with clients with a Christian faith. Our team members also have their own individual interests and niche focuses. We have strong partnerships within our local community and a strong focus on education and learning for professionals and community members.
For more information about the centre please feel free to visit our website: www.thetalbotcentre.com.au.
About the Program
Based on our years of experience supporting graduates within the private sector we have developed a comprehensive training program delivered within a supportive, team-focused environment. The program was launched in a formal capacity in 2019 and we are now accepting applicants for our 2020 positions.
We are offering full time employed positions that meet (and exceed) all requirements of the registrar program where you will have access to:
- Individual and group supervision with a board approved supervisor as well as supervision with other senior clinical psychologists
- A wide range of professional development activities
- Mentoring to assist you to develop career goals and establish yourself in the areas of work you find most meaningful
- The opportunity to develop your skills within our niche areas
- Exposure to a broad range of client presentations
- Gradual build up of case load to ensure sufficient time is dedicated to learning and development (with an ongoing full day allocated to training and project work)
- Work closely with and learn from various disciplines within a multidisciplinary team
- A workplace where you can develop a strong sense of belonging within a passionate, supportive team
- Industry best systems, processes and administrative support to ensure that you can fulfil your role effectively
- Brand new, purpose-built facilities
- Capacity to contribute in a positive way to the reduction of mental health stigma within our local community
- Develop advanced skills in education, training and research in addition to advanced clinical skills
- Contribute to the development and delivery of innovative mental health services with a focus on early intervention
- Opportunities for career progression within the organisation if this is aligned with your career goals
Commencement date is flexible dependent on when your full registration is finalised. We are also willing to consider graduates who are partway through their registrar program. Please indicate if this applies to you within your application.
Here's what some of our current grads said about their experience:
“As a graduate psychologist, the Talbot Centre graduate clinical registrar program is more than I could have hoped for in a job… This program is very unusual in the field of psychology, where graduate psychologists often go into their first job with little if any support. Private practice can often be very isolating for psychologists; however at the Talbot Centre I am surrounded by a wonderful team of warm, like-minded clinicians. The Talbot Centre clinical graduate program is a shining example of how the mental health industry can support graduate psychologists to be the best therapists they can be.” - Graduate 1
“While the Master of Clinical Psychology program provided me with sound clinical and theoretical knowledge and the placements provided and opportunity to put my learning into practice, I feel that it is a really big leap from this to full time work in the field and managing a full case load and all of the organisational aspects that come with that. The graduate positions at The Talbot Centre are important because you receive support and guidance in those early stages knowing what is required for the registrar program and making the transition into private practice. It provides allocated time for leaning and development which is vitally important in these early career stages, particularly with the abundance of new clients and new presentations. Individual and group supervision with practitioners within the same setting so they understand the processes of the clinic, as opposed to having to organise an external supervisor who is unaware of the practice setting. Working with a team, many of which are early career psychologists, who are at a similar stage of learning. Additionally, receiving guidance on how to make clinical practice effective.” Graduate 2
Who you are
We are looking for a team member who shares our values and is aligned with our vision and mission and is looking to commit to growing and investing in a role. We are looking for a conscientious graduate with an open mind who has a strong commitment to their continued development and a passion for mental health improvement, early intervention and prevention.
Please forward your Resume and Cover Letter to Dr Amy Talbot via our webpage https://thetalbotcentre.com.au/join-our-team/. Initial interviews will be held as applications are received.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!