Our school is seeking an enthusiastic, engaged and collaborative qualified Counsellor or Psychologist to join our well established Pastoral Team.
This is a permanent, full time position in a Catholic Secondary Boys School based in North Sydney. The school will be expecting its first co-educational cohort in 2021.
Our School Counsellor / Psychologist works with students both individually and in small groups as well as being responsible for whole school Wellbeing initiatives.
- Relevant qualifications and professional experience.
- An ability to provide mental health assessment, counselling and consultancy as appropriate to the College Executive.
- Understanding of Child Protection Legislation and Safety.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with students, parents/carers, teachers and external agencies.
- Skills to work with individuals, groups, and in the implementation of whole school preventive programs.
- A willingness to participate in co-curricular activities.
- The ability to interpret psychometric tests.
- To support the Catholic Ethos of the College and to become part of the Marist Community at Marist College North Shore.
- Experience working with adolescent students would be an advantage.
Please forward a letter of application and resume to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include the names of three professional referees who may be contacted as part of the short listing process.
The successful applicant will need to register with Sydney Catholic Schools before commencing employment.
Start Date: 28 January 2020 CLosing Date for applications 25 November 2019