headspace is Australia’s National Youth Mental Health Foundation. Our mission is to deliver improvements in the mental health, social well being and economic participation of young Australian aged 12-25 years. To this end, headspace aims to be the focal point for youth mental health issues across the country.
Working as a Private Practitioner at headspace provides you with an opportunity to work within a dynamic, innovative multidisciplinary environment to provide early intervention and treatment for mental health and related issues in young people aged 12-25 years of age and establish a fulfilling and rewarding practice in partnership with headspace. Our Private Practitioners complete work in assessment, treatment planning, psychological treatment and referral, and are highly valued members of our team.
Due to expansion of our services, headspace Mt Druitt & Penrith are looking for highly motivated, youth orientated Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists who are experienced in providing high quality services to young people.
- Full administrative support and consulting space
- Flexible hours: incl after hours, up to 5 days a week
- Mt Druitt & Penrith locations
- Parking available
What we offer
- Flexible working hours including after-hours;
- Opportunity to work with and gain support from a multidisciplinary team (including Psychiatrists, General Practitioners, Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Sexual Health Services, an Exercise Physiologist and a Drug and Alcohol Addiction Specialist);
- Ongoing Medicare funded referrals of young people who have been assessed and are ready to receive services;
- Full administrative support and consulting space which includes reception, billing, appointment confirmations, SMS reminders and all room bookings are taken care of for you. Access to the electronic medical records database with comprehensive training provided;
- Opportunity for peer support through regular care co-ordination meetings with the team;
- Free Professional Development Opportunities.
Successful applicants /should
- Must be a fully registered Psychologist with AHPRA, hold Accredited Mental Health Social Worker Status with AASW or hold Better Access Endorsement with Occupational Therapy Australia;
- Eligible to provide services under Medicare and be willing to bulk bill;
- Have or be willing to obtain your own ABN;
- Be willing to undertake a Working with Children Check and a separate Criminal History check;
- Have demonstrated experience providing services to young people aged 12-25 years of age;
- Be willing to undertake modest administrative support costs which include room rental as part of the contractual agreement.
If you are ready to join a fantastic multidisciplinary team and really make a difference to the lives of Young People, apply now at https://www.parramattamission.org.au/careers/. Interested applicants must include a cover letter clearly addressing the essential criteria to be eligible for interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
For further information about this position, please contact Kellie Smith, Practice Manager, Primary Care Services on 0409 425 661.
?Parramatta Mission is an equal opportunity employer that values, respects and supports inclusion and diversity within the workplace and the community.
To Apply, email Resume and Cover letter addresing Selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org