Who are we?
We’re people who care.
Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families and communities.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect.
We do this by providing our customers, their families and communities with access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives.
We believe this is everyone’s fundamental right.
An exciting and challenging permanent role exists for a Behaviour Support Consultant to provide positive behaviour support to our Child & Family team in Sydney. As an integral member of our national Clinical Services team, your responsibilities will include;
- Developing behaviour support plans that are proactive, reflects the person’s individual needs and goals, improves their quality of life and supports their progress towards positive change
- Use of range of assessment tools to complete behavioural analysis and functional assessments
- Conduct respectful and responsive assessments that consider the diversity of a person’s culture
- Provide coaching and support to the families, carers and support workers who will be implementing behaviour support plans
- Coordinate formal plan review meetings
- Record and report accurately
- Commit to your professional development and continued learning, and actively engage in “reflection and support” and supervision sessions
This is your opportunity to make a real and tangible difference in the lives of the children and young people in our care. With your skills, expertise and most importantly, your empathy and compassion, you can give our children and young people a voice and promote positive changes to their behaviour that can set them up for success in life. Your contribution really can change lives.
To be considered for this role, we’re looking for people with;
- Experience working with children and young people who have a trauma background and present with complex challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a valued member of the clinical team
- Excellent communication and active listening skills to quickly build rapport with the children and young people, their support team and your peers
- Previous experience using systems to collect data from a range of sources, and ensuring data is recorded and reported correctly
- Ability to remain calm and resilient in high pressure environments
- Ability to travel interstate if required
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Allied Health or similar
- APHRA, AASW or other professional accreditation
- Full unrestricted NSW driver licence
- First Aid certificate
- Working with Children Check
Why chose Lifestyle Solutions?
Working as part of the Lifestyle Solutions team, you will enjoy a friendly, flexible and supportive environment, within a highly reputable not for profit organisation. In return for your passion, talent and commitment you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package in addition to:
- Car or car allowance
- Professional development and supervision allowance
- Salary packaging options
- Employee Recognition & Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounts with partner organisations including private health insurance, computer suppliers, tyre and auto, and travel discounts
I'm interested! How do I apply?
Please apply on our website by following this link:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 4th December 2019
Lifestyle Solutions reserves the right to remove this post before the specified closing date. We strongly encourage all interested people to apply for these roles today as we will be shortlisting and interviewing during the application period.
All applicants are required to undergo employment screening through probity checks, prior to commencing.
Lifestyle Solutions is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Lifestyle Solutions encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.