The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for a Senior Forensic/ Clinical Psychologist vacancy.
Salary: $104,257 to $111,051 per annum
Classification: Allied Health Professional Level 4
Agreement: Allied Health Professional (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2016
Period of Employment: Permanent, full-time, day work, working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible. Hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Location: Mental Health & Statewide Services, South
As part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering high quality forensic mental health services and in accordance with the Mental Health Services Strategic Plan, Mental Health Service principles, National Mental Health Standards, Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies, the Senior Forensic / Clinical Psychologist will:
• Provide psychological assessments, treatments and secondary consultation services for clients of the Community Forensic Mental Health, utilising evidence-based best practice principles.
• In accordance with Forensic health care principles, Agency policies and direction, legal requirements and professional competencies, undertake the delivery of quality patient care services, based on best practice and within a collaborative and multidisciplinary framework.
• Provide professional supervision and leadership to the psychological services within the Community Forensic Mental Health Service (CFMHS) multidisciplinary team.
• Act as a consultant to other agencies with regard to the assessment, support and management plans of clients with forensic mental health needs and promote community awareness in relation to mental health.
• Take a lead role in ongoing service development, inter-sectoral liaison and contributing expertise to the development of clinical skills and capabilities of staff of Statewide Forensic Mental Health Service.
• Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia and endorsed to practice in the approved area of practice of Forensic Psychology or Clinical Psychology.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
• Five or more years demonstrated clinical practice in forensic psychology with knowledge of forensic client risk assessments.
• Eligibility for accreditation as a supervisor for the Forensic and/or Clinical Colleges of the Australian Psychological Society.
• Current Driver’s Licence.
Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
How to apply:
Apply Online at: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/759/cw/en/job/1034418/senior-forensicclinical-psychologist-512545
Applications will only be accepted online. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form, complete/upload your selection criteria responses and attach your resume. Please note that attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details for two referees before applying.
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania.
Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au