Nourish. Nurture. Thrive. is a vibrant practice that provides psychological support for children, adolescents, adults and families facing difficulties with eating disorders, disordered eating behaviours, body image issues, and related psychological concerns.
We are offering a personally and professionally fulfilling opportunity to join one of Melbourne’s most highly regarded private practices for eating disorders and body image issues. With clinics in both Ivanhoe and Mornington, we aim to deliver outstanding Eating Disorder treatment to individuals and families across Melbourne.
We are passionate about empowering people to feel better in their skin and strive to provide evidence-based clinical interventions grounded in respectful and caring therapeutic relationships. We love what we do and are focused on creating a team that are similarly positive and enthusiastic. We are dedicated to supporting your professional growth in an encouraging, dynamic and compassionate environment.
This is a contractor position for our Mornington clinic - an established but rapidly expanding clinic. We are currently looking for an experienced psychologist to join the team in a part time capacity (1.5 - 3 days). If desirable, there will be an opportunity to extend hours as the demand increases.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible hours, with evenings and weekends available (but not compulsory), and the opportunity to increase hours
- Administrative support from our caring and highly skilled administrative team
- Monthly group supervision provided and quarterly internal professional development activities. Subsidised individual supervision is also available
- We are able to provide individual supervision to fulfill the requirements of a clinical registrar program.
- Access to clinical resources as part of our strong commitment to developing staff expertise
- Generous remuneration in addition to superannuation
- An extensive, existing referral base with an immediate case load
- The potential to be involved in delivering varied services such as group programs and workshops
- Beautiful, comfortable consultation rooms, right down the road from the beach.
- A caring, supportive, committed team.
- Full registration with AHPRA (for psychologists)
- Medicare provider eligibility
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree
- Eligible for an ABN, professional indemnity insurance and Working with Childrens Check
- Some experience working with children, adolescents and families required, in addition to adults.
- Experience treating eating disorders highly regarded and/or interest in working in this area is essential
- Understanding of the “Health at Every Size”/ Non-Diet framework and ability to practice within this model
- A conscientious, motivated professional with highly developed written and verbal communication skills and stringent record keeping abilities.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience working in a CAMHS/CYMHS/ELMHS setting or eating disorder service
- Clinical endorsement or eligibility for clinical registrar program (desired, but not essential)
Please call Ainsley or Claire on (03) 8370 3178 or email email@example.com to enquire further and acquire a full position description. You can also visit our website, www.nourishnurturethrive.com.au to learn more about our practice.