· Sexual health training provided
· Psychologist wellbeing is our priority
· Weekly supervision
· Administration support
· Join a team of passionate like-minded psychologists.
About Sexual Health and Intimacy Psychological Services (SHIPS)
SHIPS is a progressive, inclusive psychology practice with a mission to make a meaningful difference in our community. At SHIPS we believe sex and intimacy can be wonderful part of being human. We bring a holistic, socially-minded approach to empowering individuals and communities. Through psychological treatment, workshops, and resources we support helpful conversions, advocate for safety and diversity and help clients understand what is right for them. We are a kink-friendly, poly-friendly, sex work positive, LGBTIQ+ and disability inclusive organisation.
About the role
We are seeking a contract psychologist with passion and energy for professional growth and supporting meaningful change. You will be working we a small team of down-to-earth psychologists and the Director/Founder who will provide personalised, collaborative, regular supervision and training. You will deliver tailored treatment for adolescents, adults and/or couples in one or more of the following areas: STI diagnosis, erectile difficulties, sexual pain (vulvodynia & vaginismus), sexual anxiety, reduced sexual desire, sex/ pornography addiction, support for alternative sexual and relationship practices (kink & polyamory), sex work support, LGBTIQ+ support, sex education healing sexual trauma, building intimacy and mental health treatment as it relates to these areas. There will also be opportunities to present at workshops and develop resources.
Rooms for work available:
Monday 8am – 8pm, Tuesday 8am – 8pm, Wednesday 8am – 12pm, Thursday 8am – 12pm, Saturday 8am – 8pm.
You can choose your hours of work, breaks and number of clients you see.
- General or clinical registration as psychologist with AHPRA
- Medicare registered
- Minimum of 2 years experience post registration desirable
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with sex and intimacy treatment desirable
- Training completed in relationship therapy desiable
- Sensitive and collaborative approach to treatment
- Incorporates self-care and work/life balance into practice