Are you looking for the space to make YOUR passion come alive?
Are you enthusiastic about working with children and families?
Would you love a job where work can be play?
Do you want to have the flexibility to choose your own hours and do non-clinical tasks at home?
If you said yes (or better still, YES YES YES!), we’d love to have you join the team!
About The Practice
Onwards and Upwards Psychology is a paediatric private practice located in the heart of the Inner Western suburbs of Melbourne. Some of the common presentations we see are children with anxiety, depression, parental separation, emotional regulation difficulties and low self-esteem, many of which have concurrent diagnoses of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Disability and/or ADHD. We pride ourselves on a collaborative approach with the families and the community and enjoy using creative, play-based approaches to achieve results. Our aim is to become well-known resource for families in the Inner West and to add value to our community. We have established referral networks from schools and paediatricians, with clients ready to be seen by the right person.
About The Position
- Currently 1-3 days/week with capacity to expand
- Provide psychological intervention to children, adolescents and their families to treat a range of concerns
- Provided with referrals and case load
- Administrative support for the time worked
- Clinical support, mentoring and opportunities for professional development
- Competitive remuneration as a contractor
- Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
- Registered Medicare provider or eligible for provision of Medicare services
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Has an ABN
- Experience in the treatment of children, adolescents and their families with range of presentations, particularly with ASD
- Familiarity with developmental, attachment and trauma-informed frameworks
- Willing to work in a Bronfenbrenner approach, including relevant stakeholders such as parents, caregivers, schools and referrers as part of the therapy process (where consent has been provided)
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong clinical and organisational experience
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Relevant peak body membership (e.g. AAPi or APS)
- Familiarity with client management software for record keeping
- Ability to perform out of school hours work (e.g. after 4pm on weekdays and Saturdays)
- Experience with working with the Medicare and NDIS system
- Interest in running groups and/or is a trained facilitator
- Masters in Educational and Developmental Psychology
For more information, please visit www.onwardsandupwardspsychology.com.au. To indicate your interest in the position or to speak further, please email Sandhya Menon at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!