Alta-1 College (QLD)
Psychologist/Clinical Psychologist – Expressions of Interest
For Possible 2020 Start
Expressions of Interest due before C.O.B. Monday 18 November, 2019
Alta-1 College QLD is calling for expressions of interest from well-qualified, experienced and passionate psychologists/clinical psychologists who have a heart for at-risk youth and are interested in making a real and lasting difference.
About Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College QLD is an independent Christian, co-educational, Special Assistance School of approximately 50 students co-located with Destiny Church in Caboolture. The college caters for students between 15 and 19 years of age and provides students a pathway to complete secondary education.
Recognising that young people learn best when they feel connected and safe Alta-1 delivers Year 11 and 12 education in a small school environment while also delivering a well-developed therapeutic recovery model. This unique model provides an environment of belonging for the young person encouraging them to acknowledge, confront and resolve negativity while engaging in a journey of healing, restoration, identity formation and purpose finding.
The college intentionally works with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk.
The college was started in Western Australia in 2004 and today Alta-1 College provides education and recovery for over 700 at-risk young people across the nation.
The College is currently seeking passionate and experienced psychologists/clinical psychologists, who are willing to submit expressions of interest for potential 2020 openings. In the case of an appointment, the successful respondent will be responsible for supporting the socio-emotional needs and welfare of the student cohort through the oversight of the Queensland therapeutic team and the delivery of the Alta-1 Therapeutic Model. The delivery of this model will be in close consultation with the broader therapeutic services team in Western Australia. The appointment would report directly to the Principal. Any 2020 openings are likely to be part-time.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leadership of the therapeutic team and implementation of the Alta-1 Therapeutic Model
- Delivery of outstanding therapeutic services to students
- Support to “on-the-ground” teachers and support staff
- Critical incident management
- Case management and reporting
- Collaboration with external agencies and assisting with funding applications
In order to be considered for a role with the College you will need to demonstrate that you are:
· Able to show commitment with integrity to the Christian identity, mission and ethos of the college
· Passionate about helping disadvantaged young people to improve their lives
· A high-level leader with outstanding interpersonal skills
· A well-qualified clinical psychologist registered with the Psychologist Board of Australia (AHPRA)
· Experienced in working with at-risk youth and families
· Able to meet the standard of conduct articulated in the Australian Psychological Society’s Code of Ethics
· Willing to deliver therapeutic services in line with the Alta-1 Therapeutic Model
· The holder of a Blue Card (or have the ability to obtain one)
Why work for Alta-1 College QLD?
· Be at the forefront of helping at-risk youth
· Competitive benefits for employees
· Alta-1 College QLD offers salary packaging
· Experience the Alta-1 “family” work environment
If you are excited by this and genuinely believe that you could succeed with the College, then please submit your expression of interest by e-mail directly to Karen Clarke at email@example.com. For more information call Karen Clarke (07) 5301 8008 or see the College website Employment Tab at www.alta-1.qld.edu.au
Your expression of interest will need to include a current resume, a written pastor’s reference, the names of four referees (three professional, one pastoral) and a one-page covering letter addressing the Requirements.
Expressions of Interest close 4:00pm on Monday 18 November, 2019