About the job.....
Act for Kids is implementing a Youth Counselling Service in Gladstone, working with children and young people who have experienced harm in a sexual way or have engaged in harmful sexualised behaviours. The roles will include an early intervention focus and working holistically with their families/parents/carers to prevent further harm.
We are looking for talented and exceptional Therapists to join our new team in Gladstone:
- Therapists (Allied Health Professional/Psychologist/Counsellor/Social Worker - Community Welfare or Human Services degree considered with relevant experience)
The positions are full-time and fixed-term until 30 June 2022. Part-time positions will be considered and can be negotiated.
You will work with children, young people and families where sexual abuse and/or harmful sexual behaviours are impacting on the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. Responsibilities include:
- Providing an outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people and their families who are referred to the Gladstone Sexual Abuse Counselling service.
- Providing trauma informed, developmentally-sensitive and culturally-safe counselling and support to children and young people who have experienced unwanted sexual contact.
- Providing trauma-informed, developmentally-sensitive and culturally-safe counselling to children and young people 10-17 to address harmful sexual behaviours.
- Encouraging and strengthening supportive relationships with adult caregivers.
- Enhancing psycho-social outcomes for children and young people impacted by trauma.
Nowhere will you find a more eclectic example of genuine Queensland qualities than Gladstone. Gladstone is a bustling city, 6hrs north of Brisbane and 1.5hrs south of Rockhampton. It’s the state’s engine room; an industrial powerhouse of global significance that is well and truly at the forefront of the resources industry. This dynamic city offers a range of entertainment including the Regional Art Gallery & Museum, a wide variety of restaurants and bars; and local history to boot with countless colonial buildings throughout the CBD.
About Act for Kids...
Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for 30 years. In 2018 - 2019 we provided services to 46,084 people, including over 31,000 children; a 15% increase from the year before.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant Allied Health profession, Psychology, Counselling or Social Work.
- Where applicable, registration with the appropriate Board under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Membership of a relevant professional body eg. Australian Psychological Society, Speech Pathology Australia, Australian Association of Social Workers, Australian Counselling Association is desirable.
- At least two years’ experience working with children, young people and their families or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
- Knowledge of current trauma treatment trends and child protection legislation and policy reforms.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay
- Position is classified Level 6.1 - 6.3 under the SCHCADS award.
- Salary range is $84,604 - $87,222 pa (base negotiable depending on experience/skills) plus 9.5% superannuation.
- In addition, there are excellent salary packaging options offering the opportunity to significantly increase a team members take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Contribution towards relocation expenses offered if moving to Gladstone for role
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Award (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Awards in categories (1) Health and Wellbeing (2) Leadership and (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including additional annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Study Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health and Well-being Portal
- Excellent flexible work environment
Click here for the position description.
Closing Date: 18 October 2019