Who are we?
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Hours/Period of Appointment
Psychologist – Rehabilitation (521789) - Permanent, part time, day worker working 38 hours per fortnight.
Psychologist – Paediatrics (524308) – Permanent, part time, day worker working 38 hours per fortnight.
Hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant/s.
Applications are encouraged for both positions. Please note that applicants who wish to be considered for both vacancies, if successful, can elect to work across both positions as a full time employee.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking motivated and experienced Psychologists to participate as members of the multidisciplinary team in the provision of psychology assessment and therapy services to:
- outpatients of the paediatric service.
- inpatients and outpatients to the rehabilitation ward and inpatients to the acute wards at North West Regional Hospital (NWRH) and Mersey Community Hospital (MCH).
Reporting to the Manager - Occupational Therapy Services, this role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including, but not limited to providing clinical expertise and evidence based assessments and therapeutic interventions in accordance with organisational policies and relevant professional codes of conduct.
Do you have?
- Extensive experience in and knowledge of contemporary clinical psychology practice in both acute and subacute settings?
- Extensive experience in and knowledge of contemporary psychology practice relevant to children and their families?
- Demonstrated extensive experience and expertise in the clinical management of clients with complex psychological issues?
- High level interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team?
What can we offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Endorsed with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Current Driver’s Licence.
How to apply and Statement of Duties
Online applications are preferred. To apply and access the full Statement of Duties please visit the jobs.tas.gov.au website at the below link/s:
Psychologist - Rehabilitation (521789)
Psychologist - Paediatrics (524308)
Applications close 11:55pm 27 October 2019.
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au