Perth Psychological Services
Perth Psychological Services (PPS) is a dynamic private clinical psychology practice in Perth with clinics in North Perth and Falcon. We have been providing ethical and quality assessment and psychotherapeutic services in Perth since 2006. Check out our website:
We are seeking a new graduate eligible for AHPRA registration to join our team as a Clinical Psychologist Registrar. The position is full time contract work. If you are completing your clinical programme and will be able to commence working later in 2019 or early 2020 please apply if you consider private practice suits you.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of providing therapy to their own client load under supervision. They will enjoy the support of similarly focused colleagues, including our administration support staff and clinical management team. The position comes with the security of working for an established practice with a strong referral base and an excellent reputation. We are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic, able to work independently, and who enjoy being part of a supportive team.
PPS has a client base that includes GP medicare referrals, referrals through government department contracts (Health, Disability, Child Protection), NDIS referrals, Insurance, rehabilitation, EAP and other areas so the work combines assessment and therapy and is diverse in nature.
The position is as a contractor with regular working days. Remuneration is generous. This can be discussed by ringing Director, Suzanne Midford of 0411590566.
Perth Psychological Services offers:
· A supportive team who value working collaboratively.
· Fully-equipped and furnished consulting rooms suitable to working with adults, children, adolescents and families.
· Ongoing provision of referrals
· Electronic practice management diary that is accessible from anywhere to help you keep track of your appointments
· Administration support that includes; intake and management of appointments, reception services, invoicing & account facilities, and support in completing Medicare reporting requirements.
· Regular Group Clinical Psychology Supervision is provided by the Clinical Director and Clinical Manager both of whom are endorsed as clinical supervisors by the AHPRA Psychology Registration Board.
· Individual Supervision for Registrars at discounted rates and Professional Development.
· Flexible hours.
· Access to a range of client resources and a large clinical library.
· Access to a range of psychometric tests & synchronised I-Pads for ease of testing.
· Masters or Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology.
· Eligibility to provide Medicare psychology services.
· Registration or eligibility for registration as a Clinical Psychology Registrar with AHPRA
· Competence in diagnosis using DSM-V criteria and willingness to undertake additional in house training in neurodevelopmental disorder diagnosis including ASD, FASD, ADHD, Learning Disorders and Trauma.
· Risk assessment skills
· Experience in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of adults, children and adolescents with a range of psychological issues Experience in working with parents and families
· Experience in working with diverse cultural groups
· ABN (Australian Business Number)
· Professionally insured by a provider approved by AHPRA
· Police Clearance
· Working With Children Card
· Drivers Licence and Motor Vehicle insurance
In your application, please include:
· Your clinical experience
· Your qualifications and University
· Your current CV
· Psychologist registration details and registration number
· Membership of any professional associations
· References or details for referee report from past/current employers or supervisors