Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for 30 years. In 2018 - 2019 we provided services to 46,084 people, including over 31,000 children; a 15% increase from the year before.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the team.....
Evidence-based services are internationally recognised as having the highest level of research validating the beneficial outcomes for clients. They are characterised by a clearly articulated theory, comprehensive employee training manuals, model adherence measures and on-going quality assurance systems.
The Functional Family Therapy – Therapeutic Case Management (FFT-TCM) is a systematic, evidence-based treatment model for families delivered in their homes. FFT-TCM is a therapeutic case management model that helps families develop skills to stabilise and work through daily family issues and generalise those skills in managing future difficulties as they move toward self-sufficiency. Core to the model is a high level of clinical training and supervision.
About the job.....
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Practice Supervisor (Psychologist or Social Worker) to lead our newly-created Functional Family Therapy – Therapeutic Case Management (FFT-TCM) in the Gold Coast office. This position is Full-time and Fixed-term until 31/12/2022.
- Oversight of the practice of a small team of FFT-TCM therapists who deliver the FFT-TCM program to families that are at risk of entering or re-entering the child protection system, being responsible for the operational leadership of the FFT-TCM program.
- Working closely with the program developers and implementation support providers to implement these new services and ensure success and adherence to the accreditation requirements.
- Leading adherence to research protocols required for the evaluation of FFT-TCM.
- Team leadership and hands on coaching to ensure FFT-TCM team members have the resources, skills and support to deliver the service’s in-home practices to the fidelity standards provided by the developers.
- A tertiary qualification in psychology or social work.
- Professional registration (if required).
- Membership of a relevant professional association (desirable).
- At least 5 years’ experience providing case-management and/or therapeutic services to families, caregivers, young people and children in the child protection framework.
- Relevant experience supervising staff in a similar role.
- An understanding of current child protection legislation and policy reforms.
- Ability to address sensitive issues with families according to service plan implementation.
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling family appointments, as appointments are made around families’ availability and can occur outside of normal business hours.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 - 6.3 under the SCHCADS award.
- Salary range is $84,604 - $87,222 pa plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time).
- In addition, there are excellent salary packaging options offering the opportunity to significantly increase a team members take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Award (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Awards in categories (1) Health and Wellbeing (2) Leadership and (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including additional annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Study Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health and Well-being Portal
- Excellent flexible work environment.
Click here to see a full copy of the position description.
Closing Date: 30 August 2019