Clinical Psychologist / Registered Psychologist
Seeking a part-time Clinical Psychologist or Registered Psychologist with a passion for making a difference in the lives of children to join a small, fast growing practice.
Nature & Nurture Child Psychologists is a fast growing child psychology practice located in Sydney’s Inner West Suburb of Earlwood, with a strong referral base and a great name in the area. The practice is located within a multi-disciplinary centre alongside other allied health professionals including a speech therapist, dietitican and a naturopath. The rooms are newly renovated and modern, with state of the art facilities for children including a playroom with toys, games, and separate consulting and waiting rooms. The primary referrals to the practice are children and adolescents with anxiety, emotion regulation difficulties, ADHD, sleep difficulties, behavioral challenges, social difficulties and autism. Therapy includes CBT, ACT, play therapy, parent based intervention, and school based interventions. Psychometric assessments are also a frequent referral.
Given the pace at which we have been growing, we are currently seeking a nurturing, energetic and passionate Clinical / Registered Psychologist to work on a part-time basis, 1-2 days per week (with the potential to increase this if desired). The days / hours are flexible and weekends are also an option. The start date is also flexible, with the option to start immediately or towards the end of the year/ beginning of 2020.
The role will involve providing treatment / assessment and intervention of children / adolescents and parents, to meet the rapidly growing requests from our referrers. We are looking for a clinician who is a self-starter and wants to build their own reputation within an existing brand, with attractive remuneration and great growth opportunities. This position offers full admin support, therapy resources and tools, as well as peer supervision with fully qualified Clinical Psychologists.
- Masters / Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology
- Enthusiastic, passionate, empathetic, good work ethic and a strong desire and long term goal to work with children
- Minimum commitment of 2 days initially (flexible hours/ days) with flexibility to work weekends
- Registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA with/without clinical endorsement, with an eligibility for Medicare rebates
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with children in the field of Psychology ( also open to new graduates who have some experience with children).
- Entrepreneurial and independent with a strong desire to build a reputation in the area and within a small business.
- Experience in assessment tools for Autism such as the ADOS/ ADIR
- Experience in running the Secret Agent Society Program