We now have openings for 2 Clinical Psychologists to join our wonderful team in the Sutherland Shire. The first role is working with our child clients and their families and would suit a psychologist who is passionate about how to help children live their best lives. The second role would be suitable for a psychologist who prefers to work with clients across the lifespan, with a focus delivering individualised, evidence based interventions to adults.
Experienced registered psychologists are also very welcome to apply, with our greatest requirement being on the advanced clinical skills, dedicated client focus and excellent interpersonal skills of a passionate and dedicated psychologist. Accreditation in supervision is highly desirable for one of our roles.
We are a well-established and highly respected practice, est. in 2005, providing a full range of psychological services to the Shire and surrounding areas. We enjoy a strong referral stream from hospitals, medical specialists, dieticians, schools, businesses, government and legal services. We are accredited with numerous organisations such as NDIS, Victim Services, Medicare, Veteran Affairs, Attorney-General’s Department, WorkCover, EAPs and more.
Our warm and collegial team of clinical and registered psychologists bring experience and expertise in their particular areas of passion across the lifespan. Clients include children, adolescents, adults, older adults, couples, families and parents with a range of presentations across the psychological spectrum. We provide a range psychological services, including comprehensive assessments (with our in-house testing library), therapeutic interventions and report-writing.
The ideal applicants to join our team would also be highly dedicated, ethically informed and compassionate with a focus on clients and client outcomes. You will also be down-to-earth, have a genuine sense of enthusiasm and a desire to be proud of your work. Specific experience and interest required includes:
- Children – incl young and older children, and young adolescents:
- behavioural, attention & emotion regulation
- developmental concerns (incl intellectual, ASD & genetic disorders)
- anxiety & mood disorders
- comprehensive Psychometric assessments (incl observations)
- adjustment to family changes/stressors
- family counselling and/parenting support
- eating disorders, incl body dysmorphia, weight management
- mood disorders, incl bipolar, peri- and postpartum depression
- anxiety, incl excessive worry, OCD, phobias
- personality disorders
The essential criteria includes profession requirements including:
- Full unconditional registration with AHPRA
- Medicare registration (or eligibility)
- Combined PI Insurance and ABN
- Current working with children and police check
The essential skills required to fit with our Values:
· A passion for our profession and the work we do with our clients
· A dedication to identifying ways of engaging with clients & helping them achieve their best outcomes
· A genuine care for the people you have the privilege of working with
· A positive attitude towards all aspects of your work
· A commitment to continuing your professional development
· Reliability, professionalism, integrity and respect to clients, colleagues and the profession
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication and therapeutic skills (incl. CBT, ACT, DBT, schema therapy, other evidence-based practices)
Ideally we are seeking full-time employment, or 4 days per week, with a willingness to work Saturday (9am – 4pm) and/or some after hours (7pm close Mon- Thur, 6pm close Fri). For the right people we are willing to offer fewer days shared across 2 people. We will also consider contracting, if preferred. Recent graduates, including Clinical Psychology Registrars, with excellent skills and a demonstrable dedication to self and professional development are welcome to apply. Additionally, Saturday only shifts are available for those ready to step up their career into the rewarding world of Private Practice.
If you are looking for a place you can feel valued and provide value, working with a friendly, generous and talented team, and having access to supervision (group and individual) in an environment that you can really enjoy, please forward your details.
We are an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and value diversity.