- Clinical or Forensic Psychologist (P2) position available at Dandenong Acute Community Intervention Service;
- Permanent Part Time, 0.5EFT.
About Monash Health
Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between, and we have recently opened the new 230-bed Monash Children’s Hospital.
About the Acute Community Intervention Service
The Acute Community Intervention Service provides timely comprehensive assessment and deliver evidence-based treatment in the most appropriate setting at the ‘front end’ of service delivery. This includes short-term interventions and treatment for those whose illness can be readily managed, as well as seamless engagement with longer-term care for those with relapsing or enduring conditions. The priority is to help a person to remain in or return to their local community as quickly as possible, if assessed as clinically safe and appropriate given the circumstances. Interventions are tailored to individual consumer and family needs as well as circumstances.
About the Role
The position provides psychological services, maintains an active case-load, and delivers a front-line psychological service response. The main focus of the position is to provide evidence-based, best practice psychological assessments and interventions for a diverse range of mental health issues experienced by consumers in the service.
Monash Health Grade 2 Psychology positions are expected to:
- Provide evidenced based, best practice special psychological clinical services to consumers within their organisational unit;
- Assist in the provision of developmental activities such as secondary supervision of provisional psychologists, mentoring psychology students, training, implementing research or pilot projects associated with service development;
- Position may include data collection and analysis and quality improvement activities within their work unit and for the profession of psychology across Monash Health, as commensurate to level of experience.
You understand the complexities of working in Mental Health. You also enjoy exercising your time management skills in prioritising a busy shift. Through your hard working and enthusiastic nature, this will come naturally to you. You put your patients first as patient centred care is important to you and exceptional outcomes is your focus, as it is ours.
- Current full general registration as a psychologist with AHPRA;
- Appropriate post-graduate qualifications (Masters or Doctoral Degree) in clinical psychology or forensic psychology in an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited course;
- Having or working towards AHPRA endorsement in clinical or forensic psychology;
- Evidence of participation in Clinical Research activities;
- Desirable having or working towards supervisor endorsement with the Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA) for provisional psychologists and higher degree supervision;
- Desirable experience working in mental health settings;
- A working with Children Check;
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
- Salary packaging;
- Onsite parking; and
- Onsite GYM and more.
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Be quick - applications will be assessed as they are received and interviews conducted ongoing until the right candidate is found
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW, click here