- Working in a brand new, purpose-designed building
- Flexible working arrangements
- Easy travel with bus, ferry and parking options
Royal Far West is a non-government organisation based in Manly, which provides multidisciplinary health and wellbeing services for children from rural and remote Australia with developmental, behavioural, learning and mental health difficulties.
We are passionate about helping children from rural and remote Australia, we believe that every child has the right to access the services they need to thrive and grow, no matter where they live. We have devoted and engaging staff that help us achieve this. We go the extra mile to help and work with children so they can have a better quality of life. Our goal is to increase our offering and by 2020 to help 15,000 children per year
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Psychology Manager, Clinical Psychologists are a critical part of our multi-disciplinary assessment and telehealth service that provides support to some of the most vulnerable and remote communities in Australia.
You will be part of a team of more than 15 Clinical Psychologists working alongside Developmental Paediatricians, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and Speech Pathologists to deliver quality, integrated, multi-disciplinary paediatric assessment and telehealth services.
As part of this role, you will have access to individual and group supervision, professional development opportunities and an option to participate in travel and outreach experiences.
This position is full time and based in Manly with the option to work from home where appropriate. We will consider part-time (minimum 32 hours) for exceptional candidates.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Accredited postgraduate Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology, Clinical Neuropsychology or Educational and Developmental Psychology.
- Full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia with a relevant area of endorsement in Clinical Psychology/ Clinical Neuropsychology/ Education and Developmental Psychology or working towards the same.
- Interest in delivering psychological therapy via telehealth.
- The ability to adapt therapeutic interventions to children with diverse needs.
- This role has been identified as a ‘Category A employee’ and requires protection against vaccine specified preventable diseases.
- The successful applicant will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check.
- Experience delivering services via telecare (telehealth).
- Approved supervisor with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- An understanding of trauma informed practice and delivering trauma informed services.
- Experience in practice improvement/ program development
- The ability to administer Griffiths-3, Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-2.
- Knowledge and experience working with evidence-based therapy programs such as Cool Kids, Stop-Think-Do or Secret Agent Society.
Royal Far West Core Values:
Respect- We value diversity and are sensitive in relationships and to differences.
Integrity- We are open, honest and accountable. We do what we say we will do.
Care- We foster an environment that is supportive and without judgement.
Energy-We apply ourselves energetically, are resilient and encourage innovation
Royal Far West is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
WHERE WE ARE
Located in beautiful Manly, we can be accessed by bus, ferry or car.
For more information go to https://www.royalfarwest.org.au/contact/
An attractive remuneration package of base salary + 9.5% superannuation and salary packaging will be offered to the successful candidate.
Salary packaging allows part of your wages to be paid as a reimbursement of your personal expenses and no income tax is payable on this money. In effect, part of your wage is paid tax free each pay day.
For more information go to: https://www.salary.com.au
Work life balance
At Royal Far West we acknowledge the diverse commitments of our employees outside of work and can offer flexible working arrangements to accommodate the needs of these individuals.