Contract position until the end of the year
Looking for a rewarding career that drives real change within your community?
Looking for a career that offers you the life balance so that you can enjoy your job and your family life?
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Student & Family Counselling, you will be providing therapeutic counselling and/or group work around particular issues to school students and their families. In addition, support will be provided during and after a critical incident and liaising with other agencies and services where appropriate. The counsellor will be part of the Counselling team as well as the Pastoral Care team at the schools.
The counsellor is a member of the school's pastoral care program and works with students, families and school staff to assist in the emotional, social and educational well-being of the students, their families and the school community.
Your duties may include (but not be limited to):
- Carrying out individual, peer and family counselling in the allocated schools;
- Planning/providing groups for students and parents/caregivers when required;
- Planning/providing professional development for school staff when required;
- Maintaining confidentiality of both students and families within the parameters of duty of care;
- Ensuring that clinical and administrative standards are maintained in accordance with the Program's policies
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people's lives - we want to hear from you!!!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, and professional development in a family friendly environment
What you will need:
- Qualifications in Social Work (including eligibility for membership of Australian Association of Social Workers) or registered with APHRA as a Psychologist
- Counselling experience or knowledge of counselling skills, particularly in relation to issues facing children, young people and families
- Ability to liaise effectively with and provide consultation to school staff and to promote the service to the school community
- Ability to respond appropriately in crisis situations and to students presenting with complex issues
- Basic computer literacy skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and simple data bases
To be considered for this role you will need to hold:
- A current drivers licence
- A Working with Children check and
- A recent National Police Check or willigness to complete one
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Address each area above in a covering letter (no more than 2 pages).
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.